If Word hadn't joined DS9...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Joe Washington, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

The authors opted that Mirror Jadzia wasn't joined with Dax. There is no MU Jadzia anymore, but at least Dax exists.

I highly recommend the DS9 relaunch and the Mirror Universe novels.

It's interesting to see what becomes of Bashir. And of course all the new characters DS9 gets....:techman:

2. Disco

Disco Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Seconded. There isn't enough relaunch DS9 novels!

3. Chen

Chen Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

The DS9 relaunch crew was absolutely stunning - considering they were a bit scattered to the four winds at the end of What You Leave Behind, they did an outstanding job of bringing in new people and making them characters you wanted to care about pretty much right away!

4. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

While I would love more DS9 stories, there is one thing I can't get over: Ro. Too much fan service for me.

5. Kilana2

Ro polarizes. But I think that she is fascinating. Now she is Captain of DS9. I'd like to see Riker's face when he has to deal with her again.....;) I have a soft spot for Ro, especially for her not being as pious as many other Bajorans.

6. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

I loved Ro: Michelle Forbes gave TNG some bite whenever she was on. However, where they left her on TNG and how the Maquis developed over the course of DS9 (especially through Eddington) precludes the reconcilliation of Ro with SF, if not Ro's outright redemption. Organically, she should take up the mantle of the skeptic of the Federation and Starfleet, and she should find the source of her authority outside Starfleet. IMO, if Ro appeared on the series, she would have remained an antagonist ... and we would have loved her more for it.

7. Terok Nor

Terok Nor Commodore Commodore

It ended on a high but this just confirms to me that DS9 is the one show that could easily have gone beyond 7 seasons. Thanks for the advice about the novels:techman:

8. Kilana2

The Terok Nor novels take place during the Occupation. Great stuff for DS9 history fans. :techman: