Matt Smith confirmed for series 8

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Lonemagpie, May 7, 2013.

1. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Yeah I know, and people can play against type (one of the reasons I would like to see Sean Pertwee have a crack is that I've seen him play vastly different people). and actually given the choice between Statham and Elba I'd go with Elba because he is actually a better actor. Statham's great at what he does, but one of the best things about it that he understands his limits.
    Perhaps we should have a nightmare casting thread?

Danny Dyer anyone? :p

2. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

3. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

The irony of your statement is that when Moffat took over it was RTD who was the villain and Moffat who could do no wrong.

4. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Not for stcoop, he nailed his colours firmly to the mast even before Moffat took over...

5. sj4iy

sj4iy Commander Red Shirt

I prefer Moffat's stories myself. "Blink" was my favorite episode of the Tennant era. I just felt that Moffat's Doctor is always building up to something, which gets me through the more mundane episodes. I never really felt that way with most of Tennant- we just have lots of people to deal with over a short span of time.

I also prefer Smith over Tennant (blasphemy, I know), because I felt that Smith had another level more than Tennant. I always felt that there was a deep sorrow to Smith's doctor, and he could play every emotion perfectly. I hope they can find another actor with incredible range.

6. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

And now I'm picturing Jason Statham doing Venusian Akido. "Hai!"

7. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

QFT. And I loved RTD's era.