MLB Season Discussion - 2013

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

The Braves have scored seventeen runs off of the Rockies in the first 14 innings they have played. This is how good the lineup can be when everybody is firing on all cylinders. Everybody is contributing right now.

Regarding the return of Brandon Beachy. The only thing I wanted to see last night is whether or not he still has arm strength. He was running it up there consistently at 92-93. He left everything up in the zone last night and got slapped around a little bit but I expected that to be the case seeing as he is probably a little bit amped to be back out there. I don't know if he is going to be all that much help down the stretch but he can use this time to get comfortable again and regain command of his pitches (especially off speed stuff)

2. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Remember, the commissioner is also citing A-Rod's hindering of the investigation, on top of the 2nd offense.

3. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Bucs just swept a doubleheader from the Cards today. I'm not a fan of this team, but I'm on the bandwagon. This is the story that I'm following to the playoffs. Huge series win and now a game and a half up in the Central.

4. Use of Time

Wow, I think that makes it six straight losses for the Cards now.

5. Use of Time

How do the Phillies not unload anybody before the deadline? Apparently, the Yankees were willing to offer a prospect and pay off Michael Young but the Phillies said no. Young was even willing to waive the no-trade clause. How does this happen? Young is going to walk (along with Carlos Ruiz) at the end of the year and they will get nothing in return.

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Urgh.

I just found out that my third cousin (or possibly second, I'm not sure exactly) is now the Phillies' third baseman.

7. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why is that bad? You don't like him or something?

8. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

Rube's gonna' Rube. And this winter, he'll get fired, too.

--Sran

9. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Asche? Is he worth a fantasy baseball pickup? :D

10. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Phillies are what I don't like.

11. Use of Time

Papelbon blows a save on another outstanding start from Cole Hamels resulting in a 2-1 loss. That locker room is goint to start throwing the contents of his locker on the street before this season is over.

12. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Phillies trade a player for literally nothing

"Minor League RHP Mike Cisco traded to Angels for no compensation, Phillies announce."

13. Captain Clark Terrell

I wouldn't mind if his teammates threw him into the street. He runs his mouth to the media and then blows another game for Hamels by coughing up two runs late. Say what you will about the Phillies: their most prominent players are either old, injured, or inconsistent (or all three of them at once), and their front-office is terribly run. But most of their roster is made up of nice guys who play the game the right way.

Not Papelbon, who just can't keep his nose clean when it comes to dealing with losing. None of his teammates have sounded off the way he did. What makes him think he's so much better than everyone else in that clubhouse?

--Sran

14. R. Star

Not feeling much sympathy with the complaints on Papelbon. Even the best closers are going to blow some now and again.

15. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

When people blow saves they usually don't rip everyone else, though

16. Captain Clark Terrell

This. I could deal with Papelbon's ineffectiveness if he kept his mouth shut. But he doesn't seem to be interested in doing that. Whether it's Ryan Howard, Chase Utley, or the whole Phillies roster, he's determined to do whatever he can to blame everyone else but himself for his inability to get hitters out when he needs to.

I'm not gong to make excuses for Howard and Utley because neither has performed as expected for the past two or three seasons (and longer than that in Utley's case), but when has either of them said anything negative about a teammate? Papelbon should do his job and keep quiet about the Phillies' problems. I get that he doesn't like to lose, but his sounding off through the media isn't making things any better.

--Sran

17. Use of Time

So when does this bloodbath begin? I've been checking all day and haven't seen anything. I don't care all that much about A-Rod at this point but I'm very interested to see if there are any suspensions that could be a dagger to a team in a playoff race. Nelson Cruz is going to be a big problem for the Rangers who are struggling trying to catch the A's and it appears the A's won't lose Colon as he has already served a suspension retroactively.

Anybody else? I thought I read somewhere that Gio Gonzalez was on that list.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  18. R. Star

MLB doesn't spill blood under after lunch. ;)

19. Use of Time

20. R. Star

Well A-Rod got the hammer. Rest of this season and next. Poor guy, all those millions lost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.