The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I wish they'd do something about Bale's voice as Batman. There's something seriously wrong when your first instinct is to burst out laughing whenever Batman starts speaking. Bale's Batman voice is so bad that it can keep the film from getting four stars. I don't have a hard time believing that Nolan thinks Bane's voice is fine because he's let Bale talk in that fucking stupid grunt for the past two movies and I'm sure this one too.

I thought Bane's line in the trailer was very easy to understand. But having your characters speak incoherently is NOT good filmmaking. Just like rapid fire editing during the fight scenes in Batman Beings was not good filmmaking.

I thought the most incoherent line in the trailer was when they were speaking of the Mayor and Gordon.

That being said, I thought the trailer looked great.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  2. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

The f/x on that were not up to par for one thing.
    Another that may only matter if you like Hal was it clearly felt too humorous in ways that Hal just isn't...or wasn't pre his revamp after being resurrected.
    Subsequent trailers didn't help, which I'm sure will for TDKR but the point is 'Don't release a first trailer with iffy anything', visuals, f/x or the emphasis here is audio.

3. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

*head desk*

Good...keep on missing that forest for the trees, my friend.

4. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Between the visuals, the dialogue, and the text, this trailer gives greater than zero indication of "what the story is going to be".

5. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Keep splitting that hair, Set.

6. Set Harth

:cardie:

7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Okay, kids, let's move along.

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Batman's voice is really not a big deal for me. As I've pointed out in the thread before and other threads I look at it as Bruce just hasn't had the time nor the desire to perfect his voice.

9. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I had a lot of trouble understanding Bane in the IMAX theatre, but then when I watched it again on YouTube, it seemed much clearer. I wonder if maybe it was just the theatre I went to or... what... I dunno.

As for Batman's voice. I thought it was fine in "Batman Begins," but in "The Dark Knight" it grated on me in spots. Particularly at the climax, it sounded like he was talking through a stuffy nose. Overall I'm fine with it, but sometimes it does get to be too much.

10. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2yv8aT0UFc[/yt]

11. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

Have the wires been removed from the on-set photo as well, or are you just looking for something to complain about?

12. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Anyone who's watched The Wire or Treme will be used to going 'Huh? What'd he say?' and just continuing their viewing!

13. Set Harth

I find it interesting that some people said it looks like obvious CGI and others have said you can tell it's suspended from wires.

14. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

When, to my eyes, it's obvious it's none of the above.

On the other hand, I don't see any wings on the Batwing, either.

15. Admiral_Young

There are wings on the Batwing. They're extended when in flight. Basically looks like a flying Tumbler.

16. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

I think it looks awesome! :techman:

17. Agenda

Agenda Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I remember when everyone was complaining about the Tumbler in Batman Begins.

18. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I still don't like it.
    It's no Batmobile, it just isn't.
    I accept it as part of this series but it's the most un-Batman thing in the series thus far.

19. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

What makes a Batmobile a Batmobile?

20. Admiral_Young

The Tumbler is obviously inspired by the Tankmobile from "The Dark Knight Returns". I didn't like it at first either but it grew on me as has the Batwing. I was thinking we would get a more Burton-esque Batwing but it just makes sense that Bruce wouldn't be able to design and build his own vehicles in these films. I'm sure when the reboot happens in a few years we'll get something a little more traditional.

Also I don't get the "most un-Batman thing" in the series comment. Bruce very well could have used a normal car like in the early comics.