The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

This month from DC Universe Club Infinite Earths, we have two lovely ladies. The monthly figure for October, Poison Ivy, and the quarterly oversized figure, Elastigirl.
    [​IMG]

Both are probably the best female figures to come out of this line. I'm pretty pleased.

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    If anyone here wants to pay exorbitant amounts for the final wave of the Vintage Collection (Wave 16, the online exclusive case assortment) it's just hit eBay from domestic sellers who got access to them. The official domestic release date for the wave isn't until sometime in November but some East Asian countries have gotten these in their retail stores (in U.S. packaging) and some have drifted across the Pacific a little early.

$60 for a new Emperor's Royal Guard, and before shipping and handling? Yeah. Thanks but no thanks. I'll wait.

3. laika

laika Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Apologies, this is a bit unrelated, but I've been keeping an eye out for the Curiosity Hot Wheel (I collect Hot Wheels...well used to..getting back into it now) and I can't seem to find it. I've seen it online but I like the thrill of actually searching and then finding it.

4. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Had a bad headache today, and now I'm feeling hyper and silly. So Clint and Tasha had some more adventures...

Looking for comfy chairs...even master assassins need to sit down now and then...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More decorating for Halloween. BooQuack.

[​IMG]

This one was inspired by some fan art on Tumblr- Clint and Tasha go to the State Fair and win at all the games because of their shooting skills.

[​IMG]

5. OdoWanKenobi

Haha. Love it. They are a carnival game operator's nightmare. :lol:

Today in their adventures, Derpy and her new friend Headcrab travel to Metaluna where they make another new friend:
    [​IMG]

6. cooleddie74

You have a strange, strange mind.

I love you.

7. OdoWanKenobi

Strange, but never dull. :lol:

I think we can safely say this is the first ever My Little Pony/Half-Life/This Island Earth crossover.

8. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

YAY!!!....I have my VERY FIRST Hot Toys figure...Rescue Captain America!

Now I must have more!!!!!

9. OdoWanKenobi

Ah, another one bitten by the bug. Once you start down the Hot Toys path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

Supposedly, Bespin Luke and Hawkeye are both supposed to be coming within the next 30 days. I can't wait.

10. cooleddie74

Speaking of which, look at this thing.

Just...wow.

[​IMG]

11. OdoWanKenobi

12. cooleddie74

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I think I just found the item I want to be buried with.

13. OdoWanKenobi

I know. Those are some incredible looking pics, aren't they? I do wish this guy had taken some with the weather vane, though. That's how I currently intend to display my battle-damaged version when it arrives.

14. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

I've already preordered Avengers Cap and Thor. I also really want the DKR Batman DX but that is back ordered.

15. cooleddie74

Rebelscum has high-res carded photos (European cardbacks) of Wave 4 of the Movie Heroes line.

Say what you will about this past year's Hasbro Movie Heroes line of figures for Star Wars...it's been all over the map from utterly craptastic to positively sublime...but these look kinda appealing. Most of them, anyways. A couple. The light-up Episode III Anakin and brand new Sandtrooper with electronic light-up cannon look like they're worth checking out, and the newest Battle Droid has a blast/fly-apart damage gimmick that might be a little bit of fun.

16. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Speaking of Star Wars, I just happened to be in my local neighborhood K-Mart picking up a few things yesterday (Oct 19) and out of curiosity went to their toy section looking for nothing in particular. Sitting in the back behind all the usual pegwarmers were Starkiller, Shae Vizla, and Darth Malgus--the exact three figures I had given up trying to find earlier in the year. Just total luck being in that particular store at that particular time.

17. cooleddie74

^
    That's great! I'm happy for you...so many collectors still can't find any of those three Expanded Universe Vintage figures and Malgus was part of the third wave of the year all the way back in, oh, March. :) Sounds like someone might have been trying to hide them to come back later and pick them up, but that's a lousy way to do it. A kid or collector would be much better off hiding them behind some boxed vehicles or even in the girl's doll aisle behind some Barbies than leaving them on the SW pegs. Collectors know to check every figure on the pegs, even the ones at the very rear.

Congratulations! A whole lot of people are still trying to get those characters.

18. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Clint and Tasha went with me to my sister's this weekend- had to keep them away from the dog, but they were very interested in the piano:

[​IMG]

19. cooleddie74

Sing us a song, you're the A-ven-gers...

Sing us a song tonight...

Well we're all in the mood to beat Loki...and you've got us fee-lin' al-right...

20. cooleddie74

I picked up an extra Speeder Bike with Scout Trooper at Toys ”R” Us, making it my third.