Who would you like to portray the 12th doctor?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Green Lantern, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I still think Jason Fleyming or Idris Elba are the way to go for the doctor, but Elba has expressed interest in becoming the next Bond, so I doubt he could be both the doctor and Bond. No one gets that lucky (if he gets at least one of the roles, I'm a happy man). It looks like there's more chance of Elba becoming Bond than the doctor, so my main vote might lean towards Fleyming at the momment.

Can't really think of another actor I'd like to become the doctor right now. Alot of people want the guy from Sherlock to become doctor #12, but I can't see why. I can't stand that guy, and the doctors are getting too young now. The next doctor will probablybe a teenager at this rate, I could actualy see that happening. For all we know, Andrew Garfeild might become the next doctor.

2. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Jason Flemyng is already 46, and it would be at least two years before we see the next Doctor, I personally wouldn't be against the idea, I think he could make a great Doctor

3. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

What Andrew 'only one year younger than Matt Smith' Garfield? Even if you gave him the role right now he'd still be an older Doctor than Smith was when he was cast, and the same age as Davison...

4. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    ^All this talk of Andrew Garfield reminds me of his Spider-Man co-star Rhys Ifans. I think Ifans would be a great Doctor.

I don't know that Patrick Stewart would be viable in the long term. However, I have an idea for him playing an unspecified distant future Doctor in some multi-Doctor story.

While I think a female Doctor *might* work, I certainly don't think Emma Watson is nearly old enough to be able to pull it off. You'd need someone with a bit more gravitas, like Rachel Weisz. (I can just picture the Doctor regenerating into a woman. River expresses an interest. The Doctor shoots back, "Hey, hey, slow down! This is all brand new. I don't think I'm ready to start test driving everything yet.")

5. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Ifans would be an interesting choice. I used to think he could only play the same role (Spike from Notting Hill) but his excellent performances as Peter Cook (who was once considered to play The Seventh Doctor) and Curt Connors have made me change my mind.

6. Ghost Bones

Ghost Bones Captain Captain

I should do it. I'm the only person left in the world that the show would be safe with.

7. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

I could see it.

8. Captaindemotion

And even if you did play the next Doctor, you'd still come on here every week and moan about how crap the show is.

9. Ghost Bones

Only if it was crap.

10. Green Lantern

With Moffat in charge, it will stay crap.

11. Captaindemotion

With you in it, it would be bound to be. :p

12. Ghost Bones

My goodness, we have some kind of comic genius in here. I hope you write your jokes down, your incisive wit could see you all the way to Mock the Week.

13. Captaindemotion

^You know I love you really. Besides, why are you advocating Mock the Week, I thought you hated Stephen Fry?!

14. Ghost Bones

It's where all the top comedy talents ends up. Some of the jokes on there, they're very funny. That Russell Howard and his "Imagine coming home to find your mum in bed with a ninja hamster" type jokes, they have me in tears. Haha, imagine that. Dear me...

15. Captaindemotion

I'm 'honoured' to be in such, ahem, esteemed company! :p

16. Green Lantern

I've thought of another great actor who has a doctor whoish quality to him (for those who've not read the early posts, my other two choices were Idris Elba and Jason Flemyng) is relatively unknown actor Damien Molony. He played Hal in the last two series of Being Human. While that show went down hill, I still think Damien would play the doctor great! He'd be sort of like a mix between Paul McGann, Peter Davidson, and a bit of Christopher Eccleston.

17. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

I LOVE Peter Davidson. I can't wait to see him play the Doctor.
    I just hope he doesn't get confused with Peter Davison. That would be a fan nightmare.

18. Green Lantern

Meh, not a big Davidson fan at all.

19. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah. . . can anyone even list a memorable episode from his tenure?

20. Green Lantern

Earthshock? That's all I can think of. He also did some dalek one, but I can't even remember the title, so that doesn't deserve to be put here.....so one episode. His only good episode.