Demons ITV

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Bob The Skutter, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Anybody watching? I can't say it's particularly dragging me in... Seems kinda like a cheap Buffy knock off, with Buffy as a British teenage guy.
    And what's with Philip Glenister with an "American" accent?

2. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

ITV

No thanks

3. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

Must admit when i saw the letters ITV i thought no way but after watching it i think i will give it another go i thought it was giving a decent start up will just have to see if they make a decent show out of it.

4. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

^Same here, it didn't really suck me in, but it seemed like it could live up to Primeval's saturday night fluff.

5. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's pretty much the same production team as Hex and Merlin (in fact, it was actually shot before Merlin, and Richard Wilson took his Merlin role because he'd enjoyed doing a guest spot on Demons), and stikes me as haivng that same tendency to be enjoyable without ever capturing the elements that made the series it's trying emulate as good as they were.

6. Flibble

Flibble Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I forgot about it with all the fuss about the new Dr Who. Luckily it's repeated tomorrow night.

7. little_chris

little_chris Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It was alrite...

Though I think Amanda Tapping and Phillip Glenister should swap shows. Then they can stop slaughtering everyones accents.

8. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

I thought it was ok, nothing more than that, but episode 2 did seem promise, and I like the idea of the Last of the Van Helsings. However the break bumper with Demons in green, was so cheap it wasnt even funny.

9. Thrall

Thrall Commodore Commodore

This has Gene MF'n Hunt in it. I will watch this, no matter how bad it could be.

10. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

really didnt like the use of the "Ruby" song, that was one step too far, plus I thought we had finally gotten past that song appearing on everything.

11. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

I thought the ruby song was a wtf moment hopefully will not get to many of those.

12. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The 'Ruby' song's almost emblematic of a moment where this production team says 'Yes!', whereas a slightly better one would say 'Yes! Oh, hold on, no. Definitely no. Far too obvious.'
    Mind you, I did like the understated Star Wars references: the hero's called Luke, then Mina tells him to trust his instincts and shoot blind, and before that someone (the girlfriend?) comments 'I've got a bad feeling about this...'. Nicely done, as in NOT underlined with some cod-John Williams music to push the point home...

13. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm just watching it now. I like Phillip Glennisters character :)

Zoe Tapping does seem to be showing up in a few things recently

14. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

I thought it was awful. We managed about 2 minutes before switching. It's as cringeworthy as Primeval.

15. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Truely dire.

16. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

It reminded me of a vampire show script someone was working on me a couple of years ago. I read it, thought 'that needs work', re-did the dialogue and sent it back.

That show was pretty much the same when watching it. It seemed as if it needd more work, or perhaps had been tampered with by ITV so much that it lost any spark it may have initially had. Theres something that didn't click about it, very little to hook me in.

The acting from the younger cast seemed very Hollyoaks, kind of words with no believable feeling behind them.

17. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

i thought it was an entertaining hour, although i lost the last minute or so cuz the bloody football went to stoppage time and they didn't drop ads or anything...

ITV, drop ads? what am i saying?!?!

18. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

I gave it a miss. Even the lure of Philip Glennister couldn't hook me in, I'm afraid.

19. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

yes I noticed it finished late

20. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Concept: 7/10
    Acting: 5/10
    Execution: 2/10

+5 Cool Points for Philip Glennister breathing on it.

Total: 14/30 +5 Cool Points

Note: These ratings are meaningless... Much like the show itself.