Secret Invasion: The End - SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Hermiod, Dec 5, 2008.

1. darkwing_duck1

darkwing_duck1 Vice Admiral

I know he hasn't, but he was the one that started them down this road, and Joey Q is his clone editorially.

As for being wrong...well, what sold more books Early-Mid 90s Marvel 616 (~ the time X-Men Vol2 #1 came out) or the Ultimateverse-wannabe Marvel 616 of the publishing Sith Lords Jemas and Quesieda?

2. grabmygoblin

grabmygoblin Commodore Commodore

the tie-ins were pretty fun, but the main event was pretty lame. hopefully "Dark Reign" won't take very long and the Marvelverse will get back to a better status soon.

3. Ben Sisko3

Ben Sisko3 Commodore Commodore

Holy crap! Agent Kay was right!

4. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^I'm amazed Yu managed to resist chucking Howard the Duck in there for a change.

5. Thespeckledkiwi

Thespeckledkiwi Vice Admiral

Something tells me the ramifications of Secret Invasion will be felt for a while, which might not be a bad thing.

6. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

For a while meaning up to a year until the next superevent.. what did we feel from House of M? Couple of 2nd and 3rd tiers de-mutated but the main cast is fine.

Civil War? About the only thing still lasting is Steve Rogers being dad and Bucky taking over the uniform.

Face it.. as long as it sells Marvel and DC aregoing to milk everything out of their books. If crap storytelling but shiny pictures sell they'll do that and from what i hear at least Marvel is doing fine with their mega-events so expect them to do it on a routine basis.

7. blaXXer

blaXXer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well it's been a major plot point of every X-title sofar, but hey, that'S no ramification, right?

Then there's Tony Stark being in charge of SHIELD (well, not anymore but hey) among other things...

8. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^Plus nearly two year's worth of New Avengers storylines and it's constantly referred to in Amazing Spider-Man.

9. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

Plus the whole 'SHRA' is still in effect. For the most part, I have been liking the Marvel Events much more than the DC because they flow better (which the exception of the Sinestro Corps War).

Avengers Disassembled led to House of M which lead to Civil War which lead to Dark Reign. WWH and SI have both not been super-integral to that flow except in showing how we got from CW to DR (but were overlong, even if entertaining). To me, it really does flow together and tackles the problem of "Gods Among Men" in an interesting long-term way. The nice thing about it is that it is also relatively explain-able while Final Crisis and all the stuff before that is fairly convoluted.

10. Gojirob

Gojirob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Final Crisis? That's fine, so long as you accept that being killed and defeated in a brutal, humiliating fashion grants Darkseid unlimited power in a secret instant that no one can stop. Megatron from Beast Wars/Machines found that plot entirely plausible.