NCC-1701 Shipyard Back Online

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Carpe Occasio, Dec 19, 2012.

1. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Hence question C.

If WarpFactorZ is calling the saucer in the picture "waaayyy oversized" because it's larger than the 417-foot/127-meter saucer on the TOS Enterprise, then we're looking at another "I won't accept that starships are that big" argument, and I'm just not very interested in flogging that one around the (oversized) block again. If he instead wishes to argue that the pictured saucer is too large when compared to a 300-meter saucer, then we might have a topic for discussion (but it would probably want a thread of its own, and might be better-suited to the Trek Tech forum.)

2. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

The Newton Class ship docked behind the Enterprise has a registry NCC-07-0 (grabs Wormhole proof helmet and ducks for cover).

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I felt like checking out the saucer/building size. Here's a comparison of some Trek ships and some large buidings. The scene from the trailers of the saucer slicing through the building looks fine to me:

[​IMG]

4. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

For whatever it's worth, the plastic model of the Abramsprise coming out from Revell in May is stated at 1:500 scale (and they worked from the film CG model). At 588 mm long, that dials down the Abramsprise to roughly the same size as the TOS/TMP Enterprises. Still big enough to take a good bite out of some medium-size buildings, if that is the Abramsprise in that shot.

5. Kpnuts

Kpnuts Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's NCC-0718

6. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Hmm, must be the resizing on my screen, the 1 isn't showing and the last digit looks like a zero, well that makes more sense, thanks.

7. F. King Daniel

I watched it again and you're right. The 1 just about becomes visible for a few frames.

It's a shame. I was looking forward to the walls of furious text ranting about it on www.ex-astris-scientia.org.

8. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Leaving aside my issues with such a ginormous ground built Abramsverse-prise - Grrrr!
    ...it doesn't really make any sense to me, the U.S.S. Kelvin being that large.

There's the NX-01 through the Prime Universe NCC-1701, with that ship an unusual blip in constructions which by comparison, only got slightly larger inbetween.

9. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Oh don't worry, they'll always find something to bitch and gripe about, the more vocal anti-abrams ones around here are still throwing out idiotic rants about the last movie 4 years on.

10. F. King Daniel

^Very true!
    It could be that those Kelvin-derived Newton, Armstrong, Mayflower and whatever else classes of ships seen in the last movie were all in service in the Prime timeline, concurrent to the TOS Enterprise, yet simply went unseen until now. They did it with the Remans, why not ships too?

The original series Enterprise could have been an equivalent ship to the 24th century's USS Voyager - a more advanced but smaller ship compared to the enourmous Enterprise-D's of the day.

11. Carpe Occasio

Carpe Occasio Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

New images from international trailer posted.

12. Aviel1000

Aviel1000 Cadet Newbie

I have a program that lets me extract images from the trailers and I would like to post them, How do I upload to this blog?

13. Carpe Occasio

redacted

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  14. Aviel1000

Aviel1000 Cadet Newbie

15. Carpe Occasio

redacted

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  16. F. King Daniel

First you have to upload the pics to a picture hosting site, like www.photobucket.com or similar. Then you get the URL of the pic, and embed them here by using the [IMG*](url here)[/IMG*] code (just without the *'s)

You can also just post the URL's, which automatically convert to links. They have to be clicked on to see. Unforuanately your Facebook link is just telling me I don't have permission to view the image.

17. Carpe Occasio

FYI - There are three hidden images on the site.

18. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

19. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    NEW STAR TREK FILMS and a Big Red Head.

STAR TREK and a pile of debris, stood upon.

I found two for sure.

Possible third...

Flashing ones Badge ???

:)

20. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral