Star Trek Online: The Captain's Table

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Technobuilder, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So forgive me if this has already been mentioned or discussed elsewhere, but I just ran across this news update on what new additions will be making their way into STO in the near future and one mention made me smile... (And briefly consider purchasing a lifetime membership)

http://www.trektoday.com/content/2010/03/star-trek-online-forthcoming-updates/

Apparently a special socialization area will be created for both Starfleet & Defense Force Captains to "chat" called "The Captain's Table"

What does everyone think about this little tidbit?

Is 'Cap' going to be a co-op faction World Boss? lol.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I was kind of expecting the Captain's Table to show up in STO eventually. It seems like a natural fit. A social meeting place, neutral ground for players on both sides, magically accessible from any location, and potentially allowing for cross-temporal interaction and roleplay. (Assuming, of course, that the game's CT is modeled on the one in the books. It's a fairly generic and self-evident name for a tavern aimed at Starfleet personnel. But the game has drawn heavily on the books, so I doubt it's a coincidence.)

3. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well this will be fun.