Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PsychoPere, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Distorted Humor

Distorted Humor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I own Mass Effect 1 and 2, but have not gotten around to playing them...

I really need to play it though a few times.

2. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^Yes you do. Indeed, since B5 is so fresh in your mind I think you'll find it resonating rather strongly as ME has quite a noticeable B5 vibe to it.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  3. SilentP

SilentP Commodore Commodore

^ Definitely can agree to that, I played the ME1 sometime soon after watching a lot of B5, very very strong vibe. Not just in the universe's broad stroke set up, but things like the feel of inter-species interaction and even similar music cues in some instances :p

4. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

5. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^Is it just me or have they changed Liara's face again? I thought she looked better in LotSB somehow.

6. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

...and here's the full demo footage complete with weapon modding and levelling up powers.

I really like how they've improved the weapon sound effects. There's a lot more snap as well as plenty of low end now.

Interesting how Shep mentions the Cerberus squads are all indoctrinated. I can't help but wonder how that happened. I mean so far all we've seen is a kind of passive indoctrination that comes from mid-to-long term proximity to certain types of reaper tech. We've never really seen how the reapers go about actively indoctrinating large groups. I think the most recent novel touched on this but I don't recall the details.

It also begs the question; is the Illusive Man also indoctrinated? If so, has he been all along?

7. Distorted Humor

Distorted Humor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I can see some of it, as a while back I played Mass Effect 1 up to the point where you get the Normandy. I might start Mass Effect this weekend when I have more time. :techman:

8. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

So did they cut out dialogue choices entirely, or just for the demo?

9. Blamo

Blamo Commodore Commodore

They were focusing more on the new combat mechanics and the increased RPG customisation. From what's been said (and seen in the Earth invasion demo) the dialogue options are the same as Mass Effect 2, so no need to showcase it.

10. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Quoting sidoshi over at NeoGAF:
    YES.

11. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

12. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Well it took them long enough.

I take it from that though that they're not just going to go with the default femShep look? If they come up with something new then they'd better include it in the game's presents. ;)
    Seriously though, did it bother anyone else that Bioware's trailers for DAO bore next to no resemblance to the actual game? Even recently with DA2 there were things in the trailer that would have been great in the game but oddly absent. Probably not something worth worrying about as the ME trailers have been fairly representative of the final product. Though I do wish they'd kept the hyper-detailed galaxy map seen in some of the early ME gameplay footage.

13. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Bah, don't throw the FemShep supporters a bone, BioWare! Stay strong! Don't listen to their whining! :p :lol:

14. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's the Tali fans that I'm more worried about. If they set out to please them then her environment suit in ME3 will be completely transparent and she'll only be wearing a thong under there. :eek: And they still wouldn't be happy unless thong-Tali was also on the boxart.

15. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

You know I'm not sure if I actually want to see what Tali looks like under that or not. On the one hand I'm of course naturally curious as to the quarrians' true appearance but on the other...well it's like the old "monster scratching at the door" analogy. Nothing they come up with could possibly satisfy *everyone's* expectations and in a way it's best to just leave it to the imagination.

16. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If they do decide to show her, I hope they don't go the beautiful space-elf route that some fans are suggesting. Personally, I'd prefer it if she had black, wrinkled, leathery skin with big yellow teeth, or something. That way it would really put the Tali fans who act all smug because they chose her based on her personality to the test. If they're as enlightened as they claim to be then they wouldn't care if she looked like a 3,000 year-old mummy. :shrug:

17. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I hope they never reveal what quarians look like. Partly to shut the Tali fans up, partly because I don't really care enough about the quarians to want to know what they look like, and partly because I think not knowing makes them more interesting than knowing would.

18. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

:guffaw:

19. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

They should show her eyes only or something though she can't be ugly cause Sheppard takes her mask off and goes to town :p

20. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Tali goes to town before Shepard really reacts at all.