"Intelligence" season 1 discussion & spoilers (Josh Holloway)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Aragorn, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

What else are they going to air at that hour opposite Blacklist and Castle? They had a Monday night juggernaut in CSI: Miami and moved it to Sunday. How well was Five-0 doing in that time slot?

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Besides, CBS can afford to keep low-rated fare on for a bit longer than ABC can.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Remember when reruns of TNG was out preforming new episodes of Stargate Universe?

ABC is replacing The Assets with reruns of Sharktank, I'm sure that CBS must have something just as cheap and nasty that's gold in even rerun ratings... The problem is that advertising was sold for an action drama that would appeal to te 25 to 35 crowd, the suits even probably pitched Intelligence as the new lost because it's got that guy from lost in it, so it will make Lost Numbers...

There are massive penalties for pulling a show, and bad faith, especially if the replacement show targets the wrong demographics which makes it useless to clients.

4. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I enjoyed the second episode. Muslim groups should approve of the way the female agents wore scarves in the mosque. Gotta pay respect to the religion of peace. Delta Force vets, on the other hand, will be embarrassed at how Gabriel struggled to take down the Phalanx office bomber.

Now that Gabriel's wife is out of the way (and yes, she's really dead), Gabriel and Riley can hit the sheets in the not too distant future. They'll get past their issues. Maybe it'll happen in Season 3, assuming the show lasts that long. Any bets?

5. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Of course they had to put the "she really was good" caveat at the end by warning about the bomb.

Really stupid ending to a kind of pointless episode. Build up the mystique of his old flame only to have it end like that, no explanation and then a whitewashing?

Nah.

6. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wifey didn't need to swallow the explosives to get into the hospital. So I don't believe she did. She tipped Gabriel to clear the place, and faking her death is her exit strategy so she can disappear without Gabriel looking for her.

Gabriel will hook up with his babysitter, and that is when wifey will return.

I just don't think the show will last that long.

Also, I think the CIA dropped the ball with wifey. She admitted to Gabriel that she had trouble 'coming back' from her undercover assignments. Shouldn't psych evaluations have detected this, listed her as a risk on those assignments and reclassified her?

They make the CIA look like real idiots who screwed up and created their own problem with her.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  7. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I have to say, 1x03 was a pretty decent episode. No yelling or melodrama and we got a good dose of Mei Chen in action. She's pretty effective as Gabriel's counterpart. She exceeded my expectations. Dangerous, disturbingly sociopathic and they even gave her the added dimension of being an alluring temptress who has a thing for our hero.

It was also nice to see Amos again. His story is moving pretty quickly. In with the bad guys then out in 3 episodes. How long 'til he gets that immunity deal?

8. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

After seeing tonight's episode I came to the same realization I had with Seven Days. The main character is a messenger. Why is he going outside the lab at all? His ability has no real need to visit the locations to be effective. It's the same issue with Frank from Seven Days. All he really should have been doing is backstepping and providing whatever future information he has. No need to be going on adventures himself.

9. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am really enjoying the show. The story is interesting and the character moments seem to have real emotion. It is a shame if the show does not last. I think it has a lot of potential.

10. jayceee

jayceee Commander Red Shirt

11. jayceee

jayceee Commander Red Shirt

In light of not so hot ratings, wonder if CBS will just play the rest of the episodes without reruns, over the upcoming Olympics (Feb 6 to 23) and through March.

12. Guy Gardener

(Not reading above, hald way through the new episode.)

#### YOU INTELLIGENCE!

How the #### can you air an episode called the RETURN of Mei Chen before you have INTRODUCED Mei Chen?

I seriously thought that I was spacing last week and missed this whole plot line.

These ###holes made me doubt my sanity!

How the #### dare they!

This is what happened with Firefly and Crusade. fearful of cancellation, the network ignores linear storytelling to play the most exciting and grabbing episodes first to foul hook the restless audience thinking about making a long cup of coffee and surfing over to reruns of the bachelor.

13. sojourner

While the title was a bit misleading, dialog in the episode did seem to indicate that this episode was shown in the correct order.

14. Guy Gardener

Yes this is the episode after his wife died, but that doesn't mean that there were not episodes side stepped between 1 and 2. Didn't you feel the death of the wife happened far too early?

IMDB says that the actress who played Mei Chen is in four episodes. The one that aired yesterday and three others which have not aired. In a couple weeks when we see her first appearance, and Gabby is still talking about looking for his wife who is not yet blown up, I am going to toss my toys.

Did they introduce Phlox? or did he just show up in episode 2? I think he still has an episode coming where he meets every one for the first time.

Seriously this is horrible and insulting, my only excuse for falling for this shit is that I fell asleep for 10 minutes during the middle of the pilot.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  15. sojourner

Ah, ok, I gotcha. Yeah, there could be episodes that were meant to be shown between 1 and 2.

16. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Mei Chen was in the first episode but she was played by a different actress.

17. Guy Gardener

That must have happened when I was sleeping.

If it was a good show, I would have rewound when I woke up.

18. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

This is a lot better than a lot of the dreck that is on television today, but they lost me with the Mei Chen wanting to have Gabriel's babies thing. Sure, it's probably a mind screw on her part, but it pulled me completely out of it.

19. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Exciting episode this week, but I don't see how murdering a guard while the president buys you time, and having a firefight with soldiers does NOT cause an international incident.

20. sojourner

I kept waiting for the plane to be shot down.