Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PsychoPere, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Crazy Eddie

Crazy Eddie Vice Admiral Admiral

Doesn't matter. EVERY aspect of the Mass Effect universe was more thoroughly developed in ME2, including Cerberus. There were, in fact, quite a few things that had only niche roles in ME1 that came back in a huge way in the second and third games. Notably, Nassana Dantius, the Terminus Mercs, the entirety of Krogan civilization (such as it is). And going from vague references to "pirates in the terminus systems" to "The Eclipse, the Blood Pack, the Blue Suns... also, don't fuck with Aria" was a much bigger change than finding out where Cerberus kept their more interesting toys.

At some point you have to take into account that Mass Effect 1 really wasn't THAT sophisticated of a game to make a fair comparison to the sequels.

Quarian marksman was mine. I immediately thought "somebody read my mind!" I've been using a quarian character as a dedicated sniper for months; they seem faster, and their camouflage lasts longer, a combination of traits that is IDEAL for a "shoot and scoot" plink-artist like myself.

2. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

The former. You can't vault or grab either so you have to be extra careful of your surroundings. I unlocked the Volus engineer right out of the gate and I have to say it's an interesting class to play. Mostly though I found it a little disorienting having the camera so close to the ground.

3. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

Could this mean that elcor are just around the corner?! :D :p

I think I'll stick with my infiltrators. I like sitting in one area and sniping enemies. Which made that one run through the comm array map on hazard mode a lot more interesting/choatic. Kinda hard to snipe enemies when you can barely see 2 metres in front of your character.

4. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Hopefully with reloadable heavy weapons.

5. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

I am really curious how the anime will do. The director also did Lair of General grievious so its good in my book.

Is it going to be sold as a dvd?
    Free online?

Netflix?

What are my options.

6. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I like how they've fixed Firebase White& Glacier so they're no longer the credit farms they once were. As a result, gold matches have suddenly become more interesting!

Oh and it appears cobra missiles aren't the all powerful one-shot panic weapons they used to be. At least not against possessed scions. It takes two missiles to down those buggers!

Speaking of scions, does anyone else wonder where they fit into the lore? I mean they look very mech-like, but the only mech we've seen the reapers co-op are geth, so could they be what's left of the AIs the protheans were fighting before the reapers showed up?

7. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Omega SP DLC due to drop on November 27th.

8. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

9. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Captain Captain

Wait - XBox exclusive?

10. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Timed exclusive, according to that article (much like how the Skyrim DLC was). If true, it'll show up on other platforms about a month after the 360 release.

11. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

A female turian? About time. They better not cheap out and just make it a male model with a female voice. :p

12. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Going by how they look in the comics, it'll probably just be a normal turian head, probably re-textured and sans the long crest. At most they might make the body a little shorter and/or slimmer.

Well that'd be annoying. Honestly, what's the point of timed exclusive DLC? I mean I can't see how it encourages sales; It's not as if a PS3 or PC owner rushing out to buy a 360 and other copy of a game just so they can play DLC a bit earlier.

Mind you has that even been confirmed? Unless I missed something Gamble doesn't mention it and I can find any other sources out there.

13. ATimson

Normally if it'll happen it's announced before the game comes out, at which point someone is more likely to change their platform choice. (Another reason why this seems odd...)

14. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^Didn't they also do it with the Skyrim DLC though?

15. ATimson

That's why I said "normally", not "always". :techman:

16. Angel4576

Well I guess we know how BW got MS to agree to ME1 appearing on the PS3 now......

17. Angel4576

Panic over;

Bioware Blog

18. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

And the moral of the story: don't take journalists at their word. ;)

Any speculation on what the next SP DLC will be after Omega? They don't appear to be in any danger of slowing down and I suspect all the free MP stuff is their way of making sure they keep a good sized install base, so they must have at least one or two more of these things pencilled in.

Personally I'd like to see something that expands the Earth campaign. Even after the EC it just didn't feel right how quickly things progressed with the Reapers taking the Citadel, moving it, and the fleet just making a beeline for London. I wanted more build-up. I wanted to go aboard the Destiny Ascension (or random Asari dreadnought it it'd been destroyed) for the big pre-invasion confab. That would have been the more logical way to see all the assents you'd gained, the former squadmates, etc. before the big push.

On the other hand another lore-relevant side story like Leviathan would be just as welcome...perhaps one entitled "Emily Wong Lives!" :p

P.S. Am I the only one that thinks this should have been part of the main game? I mean aside from the fact that it was obviously foreshadowed and some form of it was cut out during development. It seems like it'd fit perfectly into the "taking down Cerberus" campaign, right between Sanctuary & Cronos Station. Indeed, on my first playthrough that's exactly what I expected and was mightily disappointed that it didn't happen.

19. Angel4576

I'm pretty sure that at some point it was supposed to part of the main SP campaign. I agree though, it was fairly obvious that it would be DLC as you were playing the game.

Seeing as this will drop at the end of November we'll get either one or two more between then and March. One is almost certainly the Citadel DLC. Whether that will be the last piece, to fill in the gaps or not though, who knows. It depends on what the other piece is I guess. If they've got something special up their sleeve, then that might be last. If it's just another piece of mid-game DLC then I'd imagine that the Citadel piece will be last.

Mike Gamble confirmed last night that you'll play Omega as Shepard. There had been speculation that you'd get to play as Aria.

20. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I can't help but wonder if the supposed "Citadel DLC" will have anything to do with this cut mission?

Oh and just in case anyone doubted retaking Omega was cut...
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xET58YgVfw[/yt]
    In fairness though, just like with the cut Shadow Broker mission in ME2, this was originally going to be a much smaller affair than the DLC, which let's be honest is for the best. I mean would anyone have rather had just a single loyalty style mission for Liara in ME2 instead of 'Lair of the Shadow Broker'? Me either.
    So far each story based DLC has had some kind of improvement over the others so they're clearly getting better and better at this.