Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow, that trailer was awesome. That Solo Adventures video was pretty cool too. I think that proves just how great a Han/Chewie pre-ANH series could be.

2. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow! That trailer is awesome. I was wondering when or if they were going to address the whole Rule of Two thing. I'm glad that Palpatine is taking such an active role in returning things back to normal. That threeway is going to be the highlight of the upcoming season for me.

3. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

I still hope it's Obi Wan who eventually gets Maul. Vanquishing him in TPM is what defined him as a hero prior to Clone Wars. It would be unfair to take it away from him now.

4. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I too hope Kenobi get Maul in the end, but I hope he sticks around for a while. The return of Death Watch and Vizla are very welcome to me. I hope this war against the pacifists of Mandalore is the start of a retcon that will allow the Republic Commando novels to be totally back in line with the rest of the continuity.

5. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Should change its name to Ain't It Gullible.

ROTS remains intact. TCW is in the same continuity, not an alternate universe.

6. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Speaking of ROTS, Gendy Tartakovsky did one hell of a tie-in in his micro-series. I'm anxious to see how Filloni handles it.

7. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, Filoni isn't re-writing anything. He's expanding the Clone Wars. There's a difference. Filoni stated when Clone Wars started that the micro-series would not be ignored or disregarded.

8. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

This is what intrigues me the most. How do the two shows fit together, really? Tartakovsky's Season 3 takes places during the Outer Rim sieges, just prior to ROTS. Ahsoka is nowhere to be seen... So is Filloni gonna end TCW before the Outer Rim sieges even begin?

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Not to mention how the novel "Labyrinth of Evil" portrays the exact same events of the micro-series but with several differences / inconsistencies.

10. Admiral_Young

Filoni has stated that he's written multiple endings for The Clone Wars, and Ahoska's fate, and that that he would attempt to do a finale that would not tread on the micro-series. He said this pretty early on, so who knows if things have changed since then or what Lucas has given him permission to do. Given the fact that the original plans for the series length seems to have changed, we won't be finding out the answer to these questions any time soon.

11. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Wait, what am I missing here? I was under the impression that season 5 was supposed to be the final season. :vulcan:

12. Admiral_Young

As discussed in the season four thread, that seems to have changed. Season Six hasn't been announced yet, at least I don't think it has, but usually the formula is that they're a good chunk into the scripts for the next season around this time. There has been talk as well regarding Filoni extending the Clone Wars timeline.

13. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Official talk, from people employed by the franchise, or just the usual internet speculation?

14. Admiral_Young

Just the usual speculation as far as I'm aware.

15. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It just occured to me as we are discussing the next 2 seasons of TCW:

Star Wars: Detours may initially seem like a series aimed at kids but maybe there's another motive. If the Clone Wars, nearing its end comes to more storylines that are darker and darker in tone, maybe something more comedic needed to be offered as an alternative?

I won't be watching Detours but I can imagine that whatever becomes of Ahsoka and the rest of the disposable characters in the waning episodes of The Clone Wars won't be a sunshine folic at the Corellian circus.

I've been rewatching the series in a random order. Has anyone else noticed if the overall violence (beheadings, chokings, etc) start to increase over time? Or always about the same level?

16. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't call Ahsoka "disposable", and when I think of it, I doubt they'll kill her off (partly because of the target audience - kids). There are dozens of ways for her to disappear without actually dying.

17. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

While you don't actually see it on the movie screen, maybe they tweak things so that while Obi Wan is watching over Luke on Tatooine, Ahsoka goes to Alderran to be Leia's guardian angel.

18. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't think I'd have a problem with that.

19. Admiral_Young

I have no problem with that either.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like that idea. And if by some miracle she survived the destruction of Alderaan, maybe they could somehow find her in either a OT era or GA era story. I personally think it would be kinda cool to see (or "see") an adult Ahsoka working with Luke & Leia. I know it's kinda fanwanky, but I don't care.