'Paranormal Activity 3' Gets 2011 Release Date!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by jefferiestubes8, Nov 18, 2010.

1. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

'Paranormal Activity 3' Gets 2011 Release Date!
    Wow. already greenlit & dated!

Well with a sequel it is officially a franchise.

November 17, 2010
    http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/22451

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/pa...k-out-people-with-paranormal-activity-3-11761

related threads:
    Paranormal Activity 2 Discussion and Grading
    and the original film's TrekBBS thread
    Paranormal Activity

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes I called this back in in the review thread...it was inevitable after the box office numbers came in for their opening weekend. I'm hoping that we get a definitive conclusion at least for the Katie storyline. Then Peli can do whatever he wants to after that. I think Ali is going to recruit people to aid her in getting her step-brother back and stopping Demon Katie. I'm surprised we haven't had any DVD news yet for PA2. The first one came out on Dec 28 last year (my birthday) I was hoping for a similar rushed release this year.

3. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

While I'd like to know what happens to Katie I don't know it's necessary. The demon was using Katie to get to Hunter after all.
    How would one pursue finding out what happens to evil Katie post PA2? How does one continue the voyeur aspect of the series doing that?

I see two options.
    1-The demon comes after 14/15yr old Ally for whatever reason, cause he/it killed everyone else and just wants to have a clean slate. Ally, traumatized by coming home to mom&day murdered is in a psych ward. Complete of course with cameras. This could be where possessed Katie comes into play.

2-The story for PA3 features an all new cast encountering new/different paranormal activity.

4. Admiral_Young

Actually the demon was using Kristi to get to Hunter, Dan screwed up it's plans when he used the ritual to siphon it on to Katie. I like option number one Craig...number two I see happening in the inevitable "Paranormal Activity 4"

5. Admiral_Young

6. Captain Craig

I've seen the one trailer from a few weeks ago. Going to steer clear of the above trailer just to keep the suspense for the movie.

I'm tempted though.

7. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The new trailer is laughably bad. There aren't enough crackers in the world for all that cheese.

8. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I kind of wish they shot with a real VHS camcorder to give that authentic look from the late 80s. Totally looks like it was shot on HDV or any of the other newer HD codecs out there. I mean they're shooting in 24p for Pete's sakes.

9. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll definitely be seeing it, buy I'm worried that new trailer gave away way too many of the scares and jumps

10. Captain Craig

^^^^^^
    Was worried that may be the case. Extra glad I didn't watch that 2nd trailer now.

11. Admiral_Young

^ So you're not going to view it based on one negative response? That seems lame. It's cheesy in places and overthetop in one but nothing that we haven't come to expect from the franchise. The only of the two that genuinely scared me was the first one. The second one bored me until the ending. I was outright against this film when it was first announced, I didn't like the concept of a prequel but then started to change my mind when the "Catfish" directors were announced. I'm really looking forward to learning more of the mythology that they've developed. I kind of figure that the entities name is going to be revealed as Dianne going back to a plot point revealed in the first movie. Katie Feathersone's real middle name is Dianne and I've always suspected that in the context of the film that she was their grandmother.

12. Captain Craig

^^^^^
    No, as I stated yesterday and 3 posts above Ethros comment, I had no intention of watching based on my own decision to try and preserve the moments for the film.
    No different than when I reach a point in the weeks before something like XM:FC, Thor or Captain America open and a stop watching TV spots. Sometimes by TV spot #8 or 9 you can start to see the zing moments and there is little left for the film. Since PA3 isn't likely to have that many zing moments then a whole 2nd trailer, this close to release is something I'll avoid. Just choice, Ethros only confirmed that there are some more things revealed, things I want to save for the film itself, that's all I'm saying.

13. Admiral_Young

^ Ah I apologize. You're talking about being spoiled. My mistake.

14. Captain Craig

^^^
    All good. :techman:
    Glad to clear up any confusion.

15. Admiral_Young

16. Ethros

Bah, no way I'm reading that. I think with a film like this (kinda like the Saw sequels) you're either going to see it or you're not. Come on, you know what to exect. The Saw sequels seemed to always get bad reviews, but the fans still went.

I'd rather be surprised, rather than have a review spoil it a little. (Besides, that trailer from a few weeks ago gave away too much already IMO)

17. Admiral_Young

The review didn't spoil anything in my opinion. It really wasn't much of a review. I do agree about the trailer, it showed too much as did the clip that was shown last night on the Scream Awards but that really doesn't bother me as a spoiler junkie.

18. Ethros

Well it's out not anyway. I probably won't get chance to see it till Tuesday (yes I am John Harriman) but am definitely looking forward to it

19. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I read a review that said that much of the trailer wasn't actually in the movie. I just saw the movie. I can't remember much about the trailer to be honest, but I don't think it's going to kill it for you.

I would feel better rating this film if I saw the second one. I saw the first, liked it but didn't go crazy about it. I thought it was a bit overhyped though I liked the low key approach. As for the third, it was just okay. There were some scares, but there was also some unintended laughter in the audience too.

I thought the acting was okay, not sure if there was enough story, and I feel that this format is perhaps becoming strained. I had skipped the second one because I thought doing a sequel was stretching it, but decided to watch three because I heard how good the second one was and had some time to kill. If you like the first film you will probably find three tolerable at least. However I think it loses something because the element of surprise is gone. Also I'm not sure if the attempts to build on the mythology were satisfactory. In a way I wanted more explanation, but also knew that too much would spoil the magic.

20. Admiral_Young

^ So now that you've seen it do you think there will be a Paranormal Activity 4 next year to wrap up the storyline or does this film do it? I ask because I kind of felt cheated out of getting a resolution out of the Katie story in favour of the prequel.