Fringe tie-in novels coming

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Christa Faust is writing 3 Fringe prequel novels.

http://faustfatale.livejournal.com/275639.html

According to the author the novels will be considered canon:

I've been waiting for some tie in novels since the show began so this is exciting.:techman:

Looks like the first one comes out April 24th: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/fringe-christa-faust/1114032907

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Very cool. Of the three the Walter/Bell/Nina book is the one I'm most interested in based purely on the character focus. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for these. With this and Leverage getting tie ins, the only series left that I would be interested in novels for are NCSI and White Collar. I'm especially hopeful about WC since pretty much every other USA show has gotten tie-in novels.

3. Enterprise is Great

I hope these sell well and they can do some novels set during the series. Fringe was too serialized for the books to go into a lot of areas but with the show over now they can.

4. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Cool news. I might check out the Walter/William/Nina book.

Has anyone read any of Christa Faust's work before?

5. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Yes. She used to be a rather prolific horror writer, alongsize Poppy Z. Brite, before she got into the tie-in line. The most recent of her works I've read was the Snakes on a Plane novelization, which stayed true to the spirit of the movie but was far more entertaining.

I wouldn't hesitate, if you're already a fan of Fringe. She'll do just fine.

6. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I believe she's also written at least one SUPERNATURAL novel

7. Ood Sigma

Ood Sigma Commander Red Shirt

I think I'll pick these up. Love FRINGE and the premise of the novels seem interesting. Hope they sell well - perhaps they'll commission some post-finale novels!

8. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Sounds interesting. I might have to pick at least the first one up.

9. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Thanks for the assurances.

Of course, we don't know the state of the universe after the finale. Who knows? Everyone will die and the universe implodes. :p

10. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I'd be more interested in books set in the alternate universe. The alternate characters and world appealed to me more than the main ones.

11. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, she has.

Coyote's Kiss in 2011. I have it on my shelf since its release, but haven't read it yet.

12. Enterprise is Great

Some novels set in the alternate universe after contact was shut off would be nice.

13. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Or prequel novels about the alternate Fringe team, maybe showing the other side of events from the first couple of seasons.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

^I'd read that.

15. Enterprise is Great

16. Ood Sigma

Ood Sigma Commander Red Shirt

I actually originally added a comment to this effect, but deleted it because I refuse to believe that most of the main characters won't exist after the finale. Timelines may get reset and we may find them back in 2013 (I hope) but if the universe just ends I'll be extremely disappointed!

17. jayceee

jayceee Commander Red Shirt

This is something I could have got into, if it was published several years ago (circa 2009). Dunno about today or in several months after the tv series is already over.

(I didn't really watch Fringe at all, until this past summer).

In the past, I use to like reading novelizations and/or spinoff novels of various media franchises, before watching the actual movie or tv show. I read the novelizations of the Star Trek movies, Star Wars prequels, Battlestar Galactica (both the 1978 original and 2004 revived versions), etc ... before watching them. (Reading the novels after watching the show/movie, isn't quite as exciting to me).

For the same price as buying several Fringe paperback novels + graphic novels, books, etc ..., I could have picked up the dvd sets of the first four seasons of Fringe, for the same amount of cash or less.