What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Costume Quest 2 is very good for that.

2. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

*Slinks in* Any other Pokemon trainers out here? I do so, when I'm not working on my ship schematic in Illustrator. Hey, it beats being hunted by a certain alien! *Slinks back off to parts unknown*

3. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

*raises hand* What version are you playing?

Been busy playing Super Smash Bros 4 3ds lately though. Love it :). Hope to get it when I can, instead of just via rental :p.

4. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

If the Alien could be a Pokemon, I would rule the Pokemon world,
    and I have the perfect name for it:

Pistachu!

:D

5. JES

Boy, does it feel good, knowing I'm not the only version who still plays the series. I'm currently using the Y Version.
    I thought about getting Super Smash Bros. since there is a version for the 3DS, but figured that I probably wouldn't have much time to play that without sacrificing my attempts to be more competitive in battles, AND continuing my project in Illustrator, which is why I usually only focus on one game at a time.
    Besides, with Alpha Sapphire coming out late in November, how much time will I have to put in between the two games?

6. JES

If Game Freak were to design a Pokemon off of a Xenomorph, it should be a Dark/Bug type, with maybe an ability like Poison Point or Poison Touch.

We don't have enough extraterrestrial, or creepy Pokemon for that matter, and why shouldn't they? Sableye is based off of the Hopkinsville Goblin.

Currently, the closest thing we have is Deoxys, though I've always thought that Typhlosion's curved snout looks a little like a Xenomorph.

7. Random_Spock

Sweet.

Tbh, I don't really do any of the competitive stuff in Smash either. I'm more of a casual player there. It's still worth playing to unlock the different stuff in game.

Good point. The new versions look like they'll be pretty good. Hoping that they'll be a step up from X and Y tbh though. Was a little disappointed with the post game.

What's Illustrator about?

8. JES

I'm spending a lot of time breeding Pokemon for egg moves and the right IVs for competitive battles in my Y Version, though most of the time seems to be spent breeding, as opposed to battling, and constantly improving my Battle Box.

I'm working on a starship design in Adobe Illustrator. I hope to eventually enter her into the Journal of Applied Technology on the Subspace Coms.

Work in Illustrator is very time consuming however.

9. martok2112

Still being stalked by (and stalking) the star of the show in Alien Isolation. (And I ain't talkin' about Amanda Ripley).

10. Random_Spock

Nice :). Hope you get what you're trying to breed for there. As for battling, haven't done much of that in awhile :(. Too many uber competitive battlers on now, so it kind of saps the fun out of it.

Cool, good luck! I hope you do well in it.

11. JES

Yeah, I agree, so many uber-competitive opponents. Breeding the right 31 IVs for each stat is very time consuming, and I'm constantly doing to try out new teams, and to learn from and adapt to my losses, and utilize strategies from opponents that I find difficult to defend against (like a Borg! :lol:).
    But yeah, I have over a dozen Pokemon with 31 IVs in the right stats, with plans for more.

I could explain how to breed perfect Pokemon, but I figure I'd just bore you/take up your time.:rolleyes:

I can't blame you for wanting to stay out of online battles. It has quite a learning curve, if you want to be the very best, and I've only begun to scratch the surface. I've had more losses than wins so far.

And yes, thanks, I need all of the luck I can get!:)

12. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I'm back to playing Star Trek Online, they just launched their newest expansion which features lots of missions and stuff in the Delta Quadrant.

13. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

MMOctober, AMIRITE

14. Random_Spock

Definitely.

Nah :). You aren't boring me one bit. I did some reading up on it, and heck I respect people who have the time to be able to do it. I'd do more of it myself if I had the time.

Yea I've been running into that a lot lately. Am lucky to even beat 3 Pokémon in a row on a team.

Good luck with your breeding! :)

Still working on some shiny hunting... and have been playing Tomodachi Life more lately. Been feeding my residents and hoping no one breaks up :lol:.

15. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Still plugging away at "Shadow of Mordor." I've put 13 hours into it so far, and I feel like i've barely scratched the surface of the story. It's just so fun doing other stuff!

16. martok2112

I'm kinda the same way when it comes to open-world games like Elder Scrolls or Fallout.....I like to do the side missions and randomly travel the game world just to prolong the main story. :)

17. Random_Spock

Hoping to be able to relax and play some more Tomodachi Life tonight and maybe some Mario Kart 7. Need to unlock some more courses in that game.

18. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I started playing Dust: An Elysian Tail on my PS4 last night. I'm enjoying it so far. Not bad for a free game.

19. martok2112

Back to Destiny for me. :)

20. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I wish I was playing games. I need a vacation or something.