Ghostbusters 2016: Talk about the movie(s).

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Frontier, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/da...ers-3-script-selling-vodka-out-of-his-rv.html

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Akyroyd Comments on Murray, Ghostbusters 3! Working on Script w/Ra

Sounds like they are attempting to reboot it after all. I'll believe it when we're finally graced with a full trailer. Too many people have been talking about this for too long so we'll wait and see. I like how Dan says that the Office writers wrote Bill the comedic role of a life time! Bill didn't seem to think so!

3. RonSexton

RonSexton Ensign

Id much rather see the old ghostnutbusters being the old ghostnutbusters than trying a lame ass attempt at TNG. It was the old Ghostnutbusters that made the movies worth watching...

4. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Marks attempt # 187 on the wall concerning Ghostbuster's 3

I still say a live action tv version of the Ghostbusters is the best way to go if the movie can't take off. It happened with Stargate and SG-1

5. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Aykroyd tends to believe his own bullshit entirely too much. He's said "we're moving forward on Ghostbusters 3" about two dozen times over the last decade. (And if he thinks Year One was a "serviceable comedy," the man is even further gone than previously thought.) At this point, it's been so long since he or Ramis wrote anything good that there's no reason to trust any of their creative judgments anymore.

As for a new cast, anyone who didn't see that coming lives on a planet where crack grows on trees. That's been the approach ever since 1998. Sony wants a movie that can re-launch a franchise with a bunch of young, cheap stars, with 15 minutes of screen time for the old guard in order to lend the movie some credibility with fans of the original.

Keep in mind that no new Ghostbusters film can move forward without the approvals of Sony / Columbia, Aykroyd, Ramis, Murray and Ivan Reitman. Hopefully, this movie will never get made.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  6. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

Almost completely in agreence.

Hand Dan some tasty crackanas.

7. Admiral_Young

Obviously Dan was defending his friend's film along with his choice of writers. What else would you expect Dan to say, agree with Bill (who's bang on about Year One) and say it sucked?

8. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Aykroyd Comments on Murray, Ghostbusters 3! Working on Script w/Ra

As much as I would love a Ghostbusters 3, there has to be a point where you love something enough to let it go. Let it go, Dan. It will never again be what it was. Love and enjoy the first two films, and the video game, but this just isn't going to pan out well.

Oh, and Year One was utter dreck, and I say that as a huge fan of Jack Black.

9. Python Trek

Python Trek Commodore Commodore

West Consin, People's Republic of America

Holy crap, that was well said! :techman:

10. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

Sadly, This movie needed to be made in the 90's to have any chance of credibility. The time has passed. I think a next-gen approach could be decent, but it could never be great. If average is the best you can achieve, why not do something new.

I was happy with the Ghostbusters video game though. That was a real treat for fans, and very well done.

What has Dan Aykroyd been doing lately anyway? I feel like I haven't seen him in years (since evolution I think). He's a very talented performer. I miss him.

11. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

"Serviceable" is quote for barely tolerable up to "it was shit" but that kind of remark is usually only uttered by people who want any kind of publicity by starting a public flamewar.. Aykroyd is too long in the business to know he doesn't need that kind of publicity.

While we as an audience has been burnt so many times by sequels i'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. Nothing has been shown to warrant any praise or derision and for some it will never be good simply because it's not been made in the late 80s/early 90s.

12. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther

He occasionally pops up as a surprise guest star on Saturday Night Live but that's about the only time I ever see him anymore.

13. Admiral_Young

He's also The Ranger in the upcoming "Yogi Bear" movie this Christmas. As much as I would be intrigued by a GOOD "Ghostbuster's III" I just think there are too many hurdles in getting this flick out of development hell. A huge one is trying to impress Bill with a good script which I doubt would happen.

14. Brolan

Brolan Commodore Commodore

Oh my God! I had no idea they had anything to do with that smelly dog turd of a movie! I will not touch GB3 with a ten-foot pole.

15. Teelie

Teelie Vice Admiral Admiral

I wanted to see Ghostbusters 3 but that was a long time ago and now every time I hear it, I think of Duke Nuke 'Em Forever... "we're working on it."

Of course now Duke is actually going to get released (well, more likely than ever before) but who knows if it will even be any good or be worth the wait. Ghostbusters 3 is much in the same boat. If it ever actually gets made, will it even be worth it?

Somehow I doubt it unless they do a full reboot and that reboot does the original duo justice. Not an easy task and I'm sure many fans will say it's impossible.

16. Admiral_Young

Nothing can touch the original. Nothing.

17. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

No, he's actually playing Yogi Bear. How the mighty have fallen.

18. Admiral_Young

Weird. I thought he was the Park Ranger. I know that Justin Timberlake is Boo Boo though.

19. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Year One was complete crap. The only time it was "funny" was when it was poking some fun at Biblical stories (Abraham's remarking that the circumcision look was "really going to catch on" was the funniest line in the whole movie) but most of the rest of the time was just really stupid, low brow, scat humor and "look at the flamboyantly gay Sodomites!" humor.

Blech. That movie was just pure shit.

20. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Whoa, back up there...they're making a Yogi Bear film?? Yikes.