What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. BlueMetroid

BlueMetroid Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I've been playing it constantly since release....well, as constantly as a married full-time workin' dude can :D

So far I'm at 100/105 Challenges done and 648/685 Trophies acquired. I haven't been able to play online much because the lag is so incredibly bad.

What fighters are you guys using? Zero Suit Samus for me! :bolian:

2. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

When I was a kid - I was about 10 when Alien came out, and 12 when Outland came out - I thought Outland was meant to be a sequel to Alien, because all the spacesuits and stuff looked exactly the same to me. I guess they probably reused a lot of props...

3. USS Fardell

USS Fardell Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Civilization: Beyond Earth.

4. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

I was thinking the same thing at that time :)

5. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Met the Alien. Died. Not impressed by how far back you respawn...

6. martok2112

Sometimes it does depend on where you save as to how far back it will throw you in terms of respawning. I've only been in a couple of areas where I was thrown back so far that I got frustrated.

BTW, great avatar, Lonemagpie. Buffy the Vampire Slayer is my number two favorite TV series, right behind M*A*S*H*. (Although I do have to say I put The West Wing right up there with M*A*S*H*). :)

7. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

So I'm now about 8-10 hours into Shadow of Mordor and I am absolutely loving it. :D And so far it definitely isn't too hard, so I'm glad I got it.

8. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (couch co-op with the fiancé)

Left a pretty shoddy first impression (bouncy-floaty physics and movement), but a couple of hours in it's starting to grow on me.

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yeah, it's so much fun. I beat the story last week, and that was actually one of the first things I thought: It wasn't too hard. Some parts were challenging, but I never found myself getting frustrated like I do with some video games.

10. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I finished the final post-game level in Super Mario 3D World after about 3 hours and 100 lives spread out over a week. I love difficulty like that, so every single second of that level was pure joy.

Now to move onto Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and die a few more hundred (thousand?) times. I can't wait!

11. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm about 2/3 of the way through South Park: The Stick of Truth, and its awesome. The gameplay is fun, and the story is amazing (and very memorable). Its just a great game overall.

12. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Currently playing Alan Wake and Divinity 2 on the PC. Divinity 2 really strikes me as being MMO-like, both in terms of how the world is designed, the loot and reward systems, and the combat, which makes me wonder if they were originally considering an MMO.

13. martok2112

well, it does take place in space and on a moon, right? :)

14. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Yeah but it makes all movement kind of weird, it's been crazy trying to hit things even compared to 1 and 2.

I've only gotten to the Meriff scene so I'm not that far into it, Janey has been awesome so far though. :lol:

15. martok2112

I am back to playing Destiny, working toward my Exotic Pocket Infinity Fusion Rifle. :)

Lord Martok wants the fusion rifle E.P.I.F.R!
    And with this rifle he'll kill much foes. Har dee har har har!
    With a zap phwap here
    And a ook, ack! There
    Here zap
    There vwack!
    Everywhere a quack quack!
    Lord Martok wants his fusion rifle E.P.I.F.R..... R.I.P. y'all! :D

16. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I finished South Park. The game was amazing, I don't think they could make a better South Park game. It was fun to play, and its story was great, especially for a South Park fan (which I definitely am).

Next I'm probably going to finish off a few side quests in Arkham Origins (not all of them, but probably the Anarky stuff and an investigation). Then I'll probably start on Metal Gear Solid 2 (from the MGS HD Collection disc).

17. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I am having so much fun playing Shadow of Mordor. :D Ratbag cracks me up. :guffaw:

18. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Gabe has stolen my money again with today's Steam Halloween Special, been waiting to play Contagion with friends on 4 player co-op and also brought I Am Alive - £8.32 combined price :techman:

19. Lakenheath 72

Lakenheath 72 Commodore Commodore

After playing Halo, which I am keeping, I played Turok and History Channel: Civil War - Secret Missions.

The floor fell for me in Turok when I was battling a giant eel-like creature with tentacles. It was a creature design with poor anatomical design.

The other game, although short with at least two missions lasting three minutes each, was a Call of Duty-lite game that was enjoyable. I liked using guns that required more thought, because of their limited loading and distance capacities.

20. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Been playing quite a bit of Smash lately. Did my first 17 minute battle today, came in second to Little Mac. Played some Tomodachi Life as well. Just bought Bayonetta 2 and I hope to play some of it this weekend.