Vance's Schematics II

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Vance, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Ziz

Ziz Commodore Commodore

2. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They had better not. I consider Vance's designs, and your website, to be a vital resource. If either were to be lost, it would be a huge loss of epic proportions. Up there with Star Trek Australia and Trekmania (which recently has become unresponsive).

3. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Seconded. I look forward to new drawings.

4. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Thankee kindly. :) As a matter of fact, I just renewed the domain today for another 5 years.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

*raises my cold 2 liter of soda* Hazzah! to another 5 years of being a Store house of ship designs :beer:

6. JES

Agreed!! *Raises glass of cola* :beer: To another 5 fantastic years as a foremost resource for starship design.

7. Ziz

Ziz Commodore Commodore

Glad to hear it, especially since there was a time a couple of years ago where you were considering calling it quits because of bandwidth costs - am I right?

8. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Thanks much all! Yes, I did come really close to shutting down the site. I had a long conversation with one of their CEO's and, in exchange for the one small banner at the bottom of each page, my monthly cost went from $100 to $14.95. With all due respect to the TrekBBS, I personally hate banners with a passion, but that deal was too good to pass up and it was a matter of pure survival for the site. That, plus it's not a very obtuse banner to begin with.

9. JES

Given how long that site has been around, one little banner VS shutting down the site means that one little banner is worth it.

Pop ups, I absolutely hate, but for me, banners are usually tolerable, so long as they stay out of my face.