The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

New Photos for next week's episode

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

They may not be that spoilery, but still, Spoiler tags dude

And that's a pretty fresh zombie in that first pic.

3. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, and it's come up a couple times in the show; at the very least definitely in this last one.

4. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

"Andrea, you ignorant slut!" should be in the next Walking Dead meme.

5. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'll agree that some folks have gone too far in maligning her, offensively so even, and that it's been possible, a time or two, to empathize with her, or to get behind her once in a blue moon, but all of that still doesn't offer up anything to suggest she isn't a moron. I don't think I'm being too harsh at all. I'm just calling her stupid & gullible.

She has never to my knowledge done anything intelligently, & that includes finally figuring out the Gov. is not someone to support. She let herself be dumb, & turn a blind eye for as long as she possibly could, to the point that it was undeniable, before she came around to what was obvious.

I cut Andrea a fair shake all the way up to when she shot at Daryl like an idiot, & from that point on it was just too hard to not continually ask "How stupid is this person going to get?" & she's gotten much more stupid since then. I don't think she deserves to suffer a Mengele session for her stupidity (& I figure she won't) but it's just too hard to accept that someone so dumb could survive this long, when simple bad luck does in smarter people all the time, like T-Dog or Dale

6. Thestral

^ Well when you put it that way I pretty much agree with all that. But you did ask if there was anything, and her reaction to Lori's bullshit popped into my mind. ;)

7. Immolatus

Immolatus Captain Captain

yep pretty fresh? wonder what is his story is?

How many people do you think are left in the state of Georgia? the U.S.? The World?

8. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Back on page 104, I posted a short list of Andrea's Greatest Hits, but there's more to add (bold):

We can also add her thinking a man like the governor was ever interested in peace, when he sanctions zombie gladiator games, a death match between the Dixon brothers, and is secretive to her (except when he needs his flabby body pawed by Mistress Idiot). There's not another character in TV-Walking Dead history who is that stupid / annoying (aside from Dale) / clueless, etc.

9. TREK_GOD_1

I think that was Lori's way of keeping the antsy, wannabe planner / wannabe gunslinger Andrea from adding more explosive BS, when Rick and Shane had more than enough that just dealing with each other.

Andrea was a pest, and if that Beth stunt was a real life incident, Maggie's would have smacked her...with a 2x4.

10. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Thanks. Apparently, one of the guys in this last episode called her his sister, too, which I missed. As long as she survives the season finale, that's all I care about. :D

11. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I get honestly worried about humanity when I read shit like that. People cannot distinguish the difference between reality and fiction and send her hate mail because they are mad at her character or her being the character? :wtf:

Then again there are people on this website who think the US government should spend hundreds of billions of $$ if not a trillion on constructing the enterprise because of a group of nerds created a petition for the project :wtf:

12. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

13. TREK_GOD_1

14. Thestral

Eh, whatever her motives it sure came across as she meant it.

15. beneldon

beneldon Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Perhaps she did check The Governor's truck, found no keys and sabotaged it. Then she ran to the prison with, unbeknownst to her, the Governor close behind - hence no noisy truck noise to notice - she gets in sight of the prison and... who among us has not upon finally finding our objective stopped a moment to drink it in? Then, a second hand this episode comes up behind her and, without an annoying tree in the way, pulls her down out of sight.

So close... It reminded me of the scene in Mission to Mars when the teather line is just inches too short to rescue Timothy Robbins

16. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Very logical ... except then he'd have to carry her all the way back to Woodbury.

17. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

Yeah, and he was seen returning to Woodbury in said truck.

I dunno, I really can't stand Andrea, but I think people are just picking at her in this episode because she's done dumb things in the past. Now everything that she does is scrutinized with a heavy amount of bias, sometimes without even bothering to think of why she might do what she does.

18. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What about it is spoilery? Darryl and Rick talking? Seems like that happens every couple episodes or so.And the walker? No one we know, or rumored to be there...so not a spoiler. Merle looking like he's actually thinking, and maybe sad? Not spoliery, as we won't know if it sticks, or just a thoughtful moment.

19. beneldon

Yes, true...

okay, so remove the "She sabotages the truck" (because, hey! Everyone says she's an idiot) and the lack of truck noise can be explained by him driving to the prison and waiting her out and there you go!

The hand grabbing literary device stays.

20. beneldon

Yeah, somehow I forgot to think of Him DRIVING into Woodbury... God! I'm an Andrea...

The first thing out of my mouth as the camera meandered down the hallway into the happy fun chair room was: "oh! I bet all the Andrea haters out there are feeling a bit bad now!"