Why no eject or open/close button on universal remotes?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Aquehonga, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Aquehonga

Aquehonga Fleet Captain

Its very frustrating:mad: Why:confused:

No matter what the UR costs, I have yet to find a single universal remote with a button for ejecting videotapes &/or DVDs:wtf:

IMO that's effing RETARDED:scream::mad:

Why:confused:

Is it so hard to include such a practical common-sense feature:wtf::confused:

Am I missing something or wrong:confused:

YOU tell me>

2. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why do you want to eject it if you aren't going to get up, walk over and pull it out of the machine anyway?

I know, I know, you want to hit the eject button so that when you walk over you have saved the .5 seconds it would have taken to do it in person. You are obviously just in the minority and the feature is considered redundant.

You could get a Nerf gun and fire a dart at the eject button from your chair. It would do the same thing as what you want from your remote and be that much more fun.

3. Aquehonga

Aquehonga Fleet Captain

:lol::lol:

Its actually more like 0.0000005th of a second for me to walk over & eject & remove the tapes &/or DVDs:)

I'll take your advice concerning the Nerf gun. That would be fun:D

Get 1 tomorrow at the 5&10 in fact:hugegrin:

4. trekkerguy

trekkerguy Commodore Commodore

My Xbox 360 Universal Remote has one. :D

5. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

My Harmony 880 remote shows it on the screen when you're in the "Watch DVD" mode.
    It's next to one of the 8 buttons on the sides of the screen.
    A good remote, I recommend it.

6. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

Hold the "Stop" button on the remote. I discovered that feature, by accident, with my Yamaha DVD player. For the naysayers, it's nice to have the DVD ejected by the time I walk to the player. Some people don't appreciate convenience.

7. Meredith

Meredith Vice Admiral Admiral

Sometimes I put the disc int he dvd player and walk back to the couch, then have to press eject to load it because I am an idiot.