Ships that *never sailed*

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Mach5, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Bertie

Bertie Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Right; the in-universe gap in maturity between Picard and Crusher (regardless of the actual in-universe birth years) does seem higher than the ages of the actors in 1988 (48 and 39) would suggest.

That is not so for Picard and Pulaski, although it doesn't hurt that the actors' ages were closer as well (she was 50).

2. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can see an actress lying that she's younger than she is, but older... not likely (unless she is under 18).

3. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    I have to disagree on:
    *Chekov and Chapel (No.)
    *Picard and Troi (Ew.)
    *Geordi and Ro (No chemistry.)
    *Sisko and Nerys (No chemistry. Sisko and Dax, however, I could see in the 1st season).
    *Odo and Dax (Uh uh.)
    *B'lanna and Chakotay (No.)
    *Phlox and T'Pol (No.)

For the same sex ships:

*The Nerys and Dax could work; the tight-leather clad Mirror Nerys and Dax, of course...:p

4. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Since I never liked Keiko, it would have been interesting to see how a Miles/Kira pairing could have turned out. The best romances start out as friendships, so it wouldn't have been a "one day _____ realized that the love of his/her life was right under his/her nose all the time!..."

I get the impression that Jadzia would have had sex with just about anything, so... why not pair her with a Horta?

As for same-sex... definitely Garak and Bashir. Garak was always semi-flirting with Bashir anyway (whether he was serious or not), and Bashir was fascinated by his Cardassian friend. So you never know...

I read a really excellent fanfic of a Seven/Tom pairing. It was Tom who realized that Seven wasn't ready for a sexual relationship, being mentally still about 6 years old and not really understanding the full scope of what she was asking him to do. Still, that's a relationship that could have progressed from friendship to love over the years, as both of them matured as people.

5. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Let's see:
    - he's married and in love with his wife
    - he is not her type, and she didn't and wouldn't have ever felt any "attraction" to him if it weren't for the baby situation
    - they were never even particularly close friends, just co-workers
    - the "attraction" that was there for, what, 5 minutes? only happened because she was carrying his - and Keiko's - baby. That may be understandable on some level, but it's also [​IMG] on so many levels.
    It generally makes no sense - but hey, I suppose "I HATE KEIKO" trumps all these arguments... :rolleyes:

I am still not sure which romance would be less believable, Kira/O'Brien or Jadzia/Horta. :cardie: The latter would probably be more exciting and interesting, though.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  6. Honorable Ensign

Honorable Ensign Captain Captain

So...am I the last Archer/T'Pol shipper out there?

7. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Well, it would work better if Jadzia had pointed ears... :devil:

8. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Shit, they're not all gone? :wtf: :guffaw::guffaw:

9. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

I dunno about that since I don't pay much attention to anything that's happening around Enterprise. However, I really liked what was going on in Twilight.

:lol: I'm not crazy about most of them, either. There seems to be a bit of a gathering momentum around the Picard/Troi pairing in recent years. Personally, I can't abide it for loads of reasons, but there is certainly more than one fanfic out there.

I liked Riker and Troi as friends. But I don't think that TPTB were even interested in them having a romance. I think they may have even regretted introducing it. If I remember, I think there might have even been an entire season where there was virtually no Riker/Troi interaction at all. I recall reading an interview with Frakes at the time where he said that they tried to keep it alive (him and Marina) but they weren't given anything to work with. I sometimes think that the whole Riker/Troi thing as a romance was something that started, that they regretted and tried to ignore, and resurrected at the last moment. So, to me, yes, it was handled badly in some respects, but that was because the writers were trying to ignore it.

I came across this photo the other day. I thought I'd toss it into the thread because I'd like to share it and here seemed as good a place as any. Frakes and Sitirs at the Star Trek premier earlier this year, and obviously still good friends. :)

[​IMG]

10. Pemmer Harge

Pemmer Harge Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Though I'm no fan of Riker/Troi, I will say that "Second Chances" was quite a good episode.