MASSIVE Elementary School Shooting in CT *12-24 Maybe be dead

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by bigdaddy, Dec 14, 2012.

1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I live in Massachusetts, and the reports were three injured, and the gunmen and principal dead. It happened at 9:41am when a 19-25 year old ended the school.

It just got worse.

ABC was reporting 12 dead, CBS is reporting AT LEAST 12 CHILDREN dead then another 12 adults killed.

A news conference will come in about 15 minutes.

Maybe two gunmen... AT LEAST 27 dead.

http://gma.yahoo.com/breaking-conn-...ng-report-151955384--abc-news-topstories.html

This is the very latest...

At 9:30 this morning a 20 year old went into the school and started shooting. A few of the gunshots went over the loud speaker, and the school went into lock down. The gunman seems to be targeting his mother. She was killed while teaching her kindergarten class. 18 students and 6 adults died in the school. Two students and an adult were taken to a local hospital. There two of the students died, the adult will be physically OK.

There was only one gunman and he is dead.

There is a secondary related crime scene in town, one adult dead. It's rumoured to be the shooters dad. That's unconfirmed.

To clear things up...
    Only one shooter.
    He was never in NJ, he lived in CT.
    He was 20, and not 24.
    The shooter's name is Adam, not Kyle. Kyle is his brother. I just want to make clear we don't accuse the wrong person. However giving a name to this scumbag would make him seem human. I will just call him "shooter".

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families affected by the Connecticut tragedy. It's almost like we can't even go outside without worrying if we're going to be shot or not and that really sucks. I'm angry by this, and I'm starting to think maybe we do need a lot tougher gun control laws. When do Isolated incidents no longer become isolated? This is just really sad and really crappy. :(

3. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's 26 dead. 18 kids, 8 adults. An entire fucking classroom.

ETA- I don't normally swear like that outside TNZ, but I am just too angry to be polite right now.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  4. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

So shocking and tragic. :( :( :( My prayers and thoughts are with the victims' families.

5. bigdaddy

Yeah, the death numbers came in quickly around the time I posted this. The numbers are still unconfirmed because they have to tell families and such. They just had a short briefing.

NO gunman on the run, it's safe.

6. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

OMG! This is horrible. Just horrible.

7. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

It is terrible! I live in central MA, about 100 miles away, As a father of 3, I am disgusted by this!. Who shoots small children! WTF!

8. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Gunman is dead - looks like it might have been a father of one of the students, a 20 year old New Jersey man. They captured a second guy hiding out in the woods near the school.

9. propita

Slasher in China injured 20+ kids. WTF is happening today?

10. 137th Gebirg

Don't want to make light of this horrible situation, but maybe the Mayan Calendar Crazies are coming out to play one more time before they think the end comes - nothing to lose, and all that. It honestly won't surprise me if we see more of this in the coming week.

11. propita

We'll find out about that. And I don't think you're making light, but trying to quickly (and maybe too quickly?) to explain this madness. There are enough uncontrolled people out there who are also unstable that your scenario could have credence, even if not in this case.

This is just horrible.

12. propita

Now the newspeople are asking, between these and the prior shooting, "What is going on?"

13. bigdaddy

This just in... he killed his parent in NJ before coming up to CT.

14. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

No, 22 were injured, two seriously.

15. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Absolute craziness.

16. bigdaddy

That's great news that I got bad info.

Sicko was 24. That makes more sense.

More info... the mother was at the school and is dead. Not in NJ.

17. propita

Father dead in NJ.

And they're saying that, with the guns he had, he had to reload a number of times.

If there is a hell, this guy is going. Makes you want there to be a hell. And petty little sins just don't compare.

He went to his mother's classroom and focused firing there, after shooting up admin office.

18. bigdaddy

So father is dead in NJ and mom is dead in the school?

19. bigdaddy

There clearly is no hell, there clearly is no heaven, there is clearly no god that I would ever worship that would let this happen.

The loud speaker was on during part of it, and that's how teachers knew something was wrong because of streaming over it.

20. 137th Gebirg

I read it as the shooter's father is dead in NJ and the shooter's child's mother was at the school, but it is starting to get a little byzantine. Still don't know what the second guy's involvement was. This whole thing is starting to sound like some domestic custody issue gone REALLY bad.