I have an idea for the next Star Trek movie.

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by The Rock, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

Stewart getting away from Picard has been the best thing to happen to the world. He became something amazing. Especially his appearance on Extras.

2. Maxillius

Maxillius Commander Red Shirt

THIS.

3. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think you're right.

Besides, if they do anything special for the 50th, it should include the Shat.

4. austen_pierce

austen_pierce Captain Captain

Yes. I can see positive and negative reactions to this from fandom. Thing is, NOW is the time. Nimoy's role in 09 and cameo in ID stand on their own, but could also be deemed a logical lead up to Shatner's return. For the big 50, YES.

5. OpenMaw

OpenMaw Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just a nice acknowledgement of some sort would be great. Even if it were something like the crew looking across a reflection and seeing their older selves bounced back at them. A nice visual, young and old.

6. OpenMaw

Just a nice acknowledgement of some sort would be great. Even if it were something like the crew looking across a reflection and seeing their older selves bounced back at them. A nice visual, young and old.

7. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I really like this idea. :techman:

8. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nimoy's presence in ID served so little purpose to the story I cannot help feel there was some ulterior motive for his cameo. Like a placeholder of sorts suggesting some greater future involvement.

I cannot think of any bigger future involvement than his eventually giving us the Grand Tour of New Vulcan.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  9. austen_pierce

Would/should they CGI in the deceased actors?

10. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Yes they should. It doesn't have to be anything more than a few seconds but it would be an incredible salute to what came before.

11. OpenMaw

You could probably pull elements from the various movies or from the original series now that we have both in HD to create a nice effect without having to go CGI. (I assume you mean creating CGI replicas) Just create a digital composite, maybe add in some motion into it. :)

12. austen_pierce

My vote would be NuTrek viewing TOS era counterparts. Have the ensemble cast look at the prime versions of themselves at the same approximate age.

But I also think that for the 50th anniversary, they should find a way to squeeze Shatner in for a real role.

13. Amaris

Amaris Guest

It's like Branson, Missouri, but with fewer fake smiles. In other words, it's like Vegas.