Strangest fan film I ever saw

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Melakon, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Sometime during the 1980s or early 1990s, when I had money and could afford cable, I stopped on the public access channel because I saw what looked like TOS Star Trek, but really wasn't. It may have been during the lean years, before TNG showed up.

The audio was directly from the episode "The Doomsday Machine", but the footage looked like it had been done on Super 8mm or 16mm color filmstock, with amateur actors in passable uniforms and rather simple sets. They pantomimed every single scene to the soundtrack. The whole thing was like a serious reconstruction of the episode, not played for laughs. I don't remember if they used original effects clips or made their own. I only saw it once, though I checked through the week to see if it would show up again. It was a very surreal experience.

Does anyone else remember seeing something like this? It could have aired in Chicago, Phoenix, San Francisco, or St. Louis given the approximate dates.

I think the same group later did a non Trek film called Captain Future.

2. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

3. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

I tell you what:

I distinctly remember as a kid on the Channel4 show 'The Big Breakfast' they had a guy on who made a film called 'Dog Trek: The Next Generation'. It was literally a TNG film where he used his dogs on miniature Enterprise bridge sets, in uniform and everything, and I remember him holding up the video case and the bridge was in the garden.

4. Barbreader

5. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

The Secret Lives of Waldo Kitty had something called Cat Trek that was wild

6. Barbreader

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  7. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

ST author Andy Mangels was working on the bonus material for the official "Secret Lives of Waldo Kitty" DVD boxed set, but it seemed to vanish before release.

8. mstrat

mstrat Cadet Newbie

Here's one that popped up:

In 1982, little know pop artist L.B. Rayne created an opening sequence for "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan". Unfortunately, the producers felt it did not fit the vision of the franchise and they shelved it.

Uncovered 30 years later, the music video has been digitally restored and unleashed on YouTube. Now you can see what no man has seen before!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5dHGu4WzCQ