Finding goofs in your tv shows...

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by propita, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

In M*A*S*H world, the war lasted a decade!!! ;)

2. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Aw, that's nothing. Remember that one time Tintin was showed a copy of Destination Moon... in Cigars of the Pharaoh, before even meeting Haddock and Calculus?! :p

3. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Which reminds me - There was a MASH ep where Hawkeye joked about mailing a B-52 home a part at a time. While the B-52 was in development during the Korean War, it wasn't fielded until 1955, and certainly wasn't used in Korea.

4. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

watching the first season of CSI:NY and a woman puts together an AR-15, finishes up, has the fire control group mising

5. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, that one's easy. Hawkeye figured he'd be there long enough for the B-52 to come out!

6. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Here's another goof this time from the world of SG-1

In "Prodigy" When Carter and Hayley enter the wormhole Carter is on the right yet they exit carter is on the left.

7. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

I seriously just did a spit-take... I think I might be the only other person here who got "the funny" in that.. Well done!!

8. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Well, not really. Here's a jury instruction to show the point:

Circumstantial evidence is legal and competent, and a person charged with a crime may be convicted upon circumstantial evidence alone, or upon circumstantial evidence connected with other evidence, if you believe beyond a reasonable doubt from such circumstantial evidence that the person so charged is guilty. You have the right to convict the defendant upon circumstantial evidence alone, or upon circumstantial evidence coupled with other evidence, if from all the evidence you believe that guilt of the defendant has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Back on topic:
    I'm fine with the show because it's a good drama. But the objections can be really butchered some times.

Well, I think the defense side probably doesn't like Perry Mason so much because, 99.9999% of the time, their job isn't to solve a mystery. The jury's supposed to be listening to the evidence and deciding if it's enough to convict. They're not supposed to be mini-detectives trying to figure out a mystery.