What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Aww man, I totally missed that the DA2 DLC is out. :eek:

... and I'm still stuck on the first Dead Space, haven't had any time to play lately between work and playing Beach Volleyball.

I need a vacation to get some gaming in I fear :D

2. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was finally available at about 7pm (GMT) on the PC last night. That's the last time I looked so I'm not sure if the playstation version was up, but the X-box version had been finished by a few people by that time.

3. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

Just Finished Deadly Premonition. Really fun game even with it's limitations. Agent York has to one of the funniest video game characters ever. I want to go back and do the sidequests I missed and collect the rest of the trading cards, but I might sit on it for awhile.

Right now I'm playing Fight Night Round 4.

4. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Nice, I'm going to get the 360 version since I've used the savegame import feature, having played Origins on my Xbox.

Otherwise I would have preferred the PS3 version, to be quite honest :lol:
    I'd definitely recommend taking a break before going back to DP, you'll enjoy it that much more :techman:

Also, have you seen the Deadly Premonition Endurance Run videos on Giant Bomb? They're hilarious, especially Vinny's and Jeff's version. :lol:

5. Kirkman1987

^
    I've seen bits of the endurance run, and might check out all of it over time. I liked what I saw of it.

That game was heaven for a Twin Peaks fan. The story was amazing, with one of the more memorable video game endings in recent memory. I thought the controls were way better than what reviews indicated, and I actually enjoyed driving around everywhere, especially with York keeping you company.

6. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I've never watched Twin Peaks, but I definitely plan to before returning to Deadly Premonition.

York is the best thing about the game in any respect, I think. :techman:

7. Kirkman1987

If you have Netflix, All the episodes are on there. otherwise, The Gold Box is an excellent set, and I think it's been going down in price recently. Any fan of one should see/play the other. :)

8. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is totally OT, but where is your avatar from?

9. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Netflix hasn't made it over to Germany yet and it's not available on the resident streaming platforms, so I'll probably get the Gold DVD Box from Amazon UK, it's only £29.99 :techman:

10. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just beat Dead Space 2. Not sure what my next game is going to be.

11. Kirkman1987

A worthy purchase. :techman:

12. John Clark

Mine or SPCTRE's?

His one of the prospective faces for Mass Effect 3 and mine is from How I met your mother.

On games, I've just finished the demo of Arkham Asylum. I'm not usually into games that need a lot of stealth, but I did enjoy this:)

13. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

In terms of long-term play since January I've been working my way through the Grand Theft Auto series on the PS2. I think I posted way back on this thread that I was playing San Andreas. It took me more than 3 months to complete. I went on to Liberty City Stories and am now about 1/3 of the way through Vice City Stories. I have Grand Theft Auto III and the original Vice City, but am undecided if I'll play them right away as I do have a few PS2 games in the queue including From Russia with Love and True Crime Streets of LA I want to play.

I'm also interested in getting a PS3, but am still being put off by the price and according to the gaming store I went to yesterday the current PS3 won't play PS2 games (but will play PS1 which is odd), so that's actually a bigger deal breaker as I have a number of PS2 games I want to finish first and I really don't want the hassle of multiple machines. Still, I future-proofed myself a bit by picking up a used copy of Grand Theft Auto IV for PS3 so when I get there I won't run into the "it's no longer available" syndrome. I just hope the PS3 games I really want to play: Portal 2, LA Noir, Duke Nukem and the new Tomb Raider - won't be tied to some online requirement which may or may not still be available when I get round to getting a PS3 (I read the fine print on GTAIV and as long as I don't want multiplayer it doesn't need a net connection).*

Alex

* Why I care: aside from the fact I'm not a fan of online gaming for various reasons, here in Canada IPs are still threatening Internet usage caps. By the time I get a PS3 we'll probably have to have credit card swipers on our cable modems.

14. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

1. They are correct, the current hardware iteration of PS3s doesn't have backwards-compatibility in terms of being able to play PS2 games since there aren't enough people out there who actually demand such a feature (those who do usually still own a PS2 or first-generation PS3, and if they don't, PS2 are dirt-cheap nowadays).

2. Don't worry, you will be able to play all these games without access to the internet / the PlayStation Network. :techman:

15. darthraidr

darthraidr Commodore Commodore

i am done with LA Noire. the fun of being a cop who plays by his own rules (like it's better to drive on the sidewalk) has passed.

so i started up splinter cell: conviction. so far i am not liking the level layout (but i am still really early). i feel like i can never get a sense of the level layout from a safe spot. so i end up kinda running in, shooting guys, alerting other guys, then running away. in the previous games, i could survey the whole area, attack some guys, NOT alert everyone, and move on to strike again... come to think of it, Batman did it beautifully.

there are some really neat touches in SCC though. i like the screen going black and white when you are in shadows, i like the mark and execute system and i like the objective/text overlays they do in the game world.

16. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I've played about an hour of Alpha Protocol, and I'm enjoying it. I'm also playing ninja Gaiden Sigma. The camera controls aren't very good, but its fun to go around slicing up ninjas.

17. John Clark

I've nearly finished DA2: Legacy, but have also taken Halo2 (PC) and Wolfenstein out for a quick spin this morning:)

18. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

How did you like it so far? (I don't really have the time to give it a try at the moment.)

19. stalin2005

stalin2005 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Alpha Protocol has a lot of Obsidian jank, but is so much fun.

20. John Clark

I'm enjoying it. Maps are at least a bit different to what we saw for the most part in DA2.
    The darkspawn appear a fair bit. Some of those seem to have undergone a redesign and.

So far, the end battle also seems more difficult than any during the main game. It maybe I'm out of practice, but with this team, I'd managed to almost walk through any battle previously as they were quite lethal. With the final boss, I know what needs to happen and how to do it, it's just putting the plan into effect quickly enough before everyone is slaughtered