Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

^ That's where I was going with the actually killing someone comment...and I've had a love/hate reaction to the character, but I think that could happen. Carlie gets too close to the truth and Otto snaps and ends up killing her.

The Time Variance Authority in Avenging did tease that things were going to get worse before they got better.

2. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think that would get fans "angry." I don't know of anyone who likes Carlie. :)

I see the storyline lasting about a year, with the "final battle" for Peter Parker's body coming in Superior #25.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm reading the book.

But if a character hasn't been around for 20 years they don't register.

Carlie?

Pish.

Oh.

Timetravel?

NuOtto vs classic Otto.

4. Admiral_Young

I think fans would be angry if Carlie was killed because so far she's the only character close to Peter and who knows who he is that even remotely thinks there is something wrong with him. Take that character away and we're right back to square one sort to speak. So it's not so much liking Carlie, as much as it is she being the one to expose Otto.

5. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

thats exactly why i expect her to die. Allyn Gibson is right though, as i don't know anyone who actually likes that character.

6. Admiral_Young

Yeah Slott revealed at Wonder Con that he has all of Superior/Spider-Man plotted out to next year at least. This will be resolved before Amazing 2 comes out...I have just kind of believed that Peter will have regained his body before that though, not that Superior would end.

7. Guy Gardener

Killing Carlie only matters if she's beloved.

(I did not know what her name was. In my mind it's "blonde girl". But I do that in real life too. This is the scientist cop or the bitchy room-mate or the hot reporter? They're all really interchangeable fluff. I was not joking. "Carlie" did not register.)

Wait?

Was Gwen Stacy a despised witch of a woman who was sainted post mortem?

I remember Spidey going through Jean DeWolf's stuff after Sineater shot her, and he was blindsided by photographs and unmailed love letters that clearly suggest that she was into him and wanted to be Spider-Man's girlfriend.

Peter is oblivious.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  8. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I like Carlie.

Now you know someone who does. :p

9. Allyn Gibson

I could see Peter adopting Otto's tech and tactics when he regains control of the body as he's shown a grudging respect for what Otto has managed to do. When Otto isn't being a homicidal psychotic, that is. :)

10. Guy Gardener

Although there's the opposite.

He burns it all but then the police and the Avengers and everyone else says "Dude why do you suck so hard now? Briefly, last month you rocked the Casbah."

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

AoU isn't an alternate universe story?

12. Admiral_Young

It originally was meant to be...but that is not how it is appearing as so far, and now as has been posted before Marvel has stated that there will be ramifications from this story...such as Angela and something else that we don't know about yet. Probably something to do with Hank Pym I'm guessing? The whole thing has become a mess, which is why I've stated it was really unnecessary to make it an event. People would have bought this and read this as part of Bendis's finale arc in the first place. This has turned out to be a big disappointment.

13. Guy Gardener

It's going to be like house of M.

Temporal refugees.

A handful will survive, go back in time a month and stop Ultron Before it all started.

ReverseTerminator.

No physical evidence, but our heroes will remember the Age of Ultron.

14. Admiral_Young

Slott talks "Superior Spider-Man" as the hype for issue nine begins. Whatever happens I'm very intrigued with what they do. I know I'm in the minority for the most part here, but I haven't had a single problem with Slott in a very long time. Ryan Stegman will also be drawing issue nine, and Christos Gage will be co-writing with Slott as well which is awesome.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/superior-spider-man-9-dan-slott.html

Also "Avenging Spider-Man" is becoming "Superior Spider-Man Team Up"

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=44758

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm enjoying the Superior Spider-Man storyline and have no complaints. I never thought for a second that Peter was actually dead-dead :p

16. Guy Gardener

Just as Pete regains control, biological counter measures inside Otto's corpse reverse death and suddenly that Pete want's a second chance at the homefield.

17. Guy Gardener

I came to the conclusion a while abck that the reason that young Jean has Telepathy in the present when she isn't supposed to is that the professor was actively suppressing her abilities constantly, and that may have been why he hardly ever went into battle, because it took so much energy to shut down her powers... Too far?

But having just been reminded about Onslaught and his sexual titillation about Jean Grey in her hockey shorts, I have to ask how ongoing and prolonged was this active lust for Jean during her freshman year that Xavier had to shut down her telepathy so that she woudn't hear his continuous internal monologue mantra of "Please sit on my face, please sit on my face, please sit on my face Jean."

Juggernaut and Magneto with their psi-shields were the only threats Chuck couldn't have "easily" assassinated from half a world away with a stray vindictive thought. It's possible that what we saw as life and death battles in the beginning were actually "Playdates".

18. Allyn Gibson

I feel like I read a story at some point in the 90s where it was revealed that the Professor had consummated his lust for Jean through Scott, that the Professor had basically "hijacked" Scott's body one night to do the deed, and Jean consented because she knew.

Now that I've typed that out, I wonder if I imagined that. It sounds vaguely like Lawrence Miles' Doctor Who story, "Toy Story." But with added sex. (In that story, the TARDIS "hijacks" the body of one of the Doctor's companions to have a conversation with someone.)

19. Guy Gardener

Well that did happen in the movie Excalibur which did have a young Patrick Stewart in a supporting roll.

Princess Lillandra fell in Love with Chuck as a psychic impression of his personality used to annihilate the Zonx fleet drifted through the universe until a watered down version of that deathray went in one of her royal ears and out the other.

Did Charles edit out Onslaught junior growing inside him and his hankering for kiddy fiddling? Or as a member of a inbred half mad hedonistic royal family was Lill down with that sort of thing... If you've ever seen Caligula, you know what I'm talking about.

20. Admiral_Young

I'm not sure if any hijacking went on but it was revealed that Charles had lusted over Jean all of this time and part of the creation of Onslaught was due to those suppressed feelings. I'm assuming that Onslaught was buried deep enough inside of Charles psyche that Lilandra wasn't powerful enough to detect it, same with Jean or any other telepath/psychic that Charles encountered.