Ira Steven Behr's career: Trek.fm interview with Larry Nemecek

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Muldfeld, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Muldfeld

Muldfeld Ensign Red Shirt

I'm getting a kick out of this. Finally, some sci fi fans who recognize the talent of Ira Steven Behr, unlike those supposed sci fi fans at IGN or those pathetic Trek fans singing praise of that hack J. J. Abrams at trekweb.com:

The website is here, but this link only shows the 1st part of a 6 part discussion:
    http://trek.fm/commentary-trek-stars/commentary-trek-stars-58-ira-ocity.html

All the episodes in enhanced mp3 are here:
    https://itunes.apple.com/podcast/commentary-trek-stars/id578983267

2. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

So, if I like "the hack" Abrams, and, Ira Steven Behr, what does that make me? Weird, I know, liking more than one flavour of Ben & Jerry's.

Perhaps I'm only half pathetic?

3. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Knee jerk defensiveness, typical JJ fan. ;) I jest, of course.

I'm a fan of JJ Abrams but I don't like his vision of Trek. But his vision of Trek is more likely to get more of my vision of Trek later. So I'm rather neutral on the subject.

Ira Steven Behr is awesome, can we talk about that rather than make this into another Abrams bitch/counterbitchfest?

4. Drusilla

Drusilla Ensign Red Shirt

Bah, why do so many people start threads that actively TRY to irritate and insult other people? Grr... I like the new trek. I like the old trek. These kind of arguments are pointless.

I do think that Ira Stephen Behr is brilliant... when he took the helm, DS9 became awesome (and the Legends of the Ferengi book he co-wrote reflects a pretty witty sense of humour, IMHO, as well).

5. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

Well said.

6. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Ira Steven Behr--a hipster I can actually like...