Totally OT - my wifes artistry

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Forbin, Jan 20, 2008.

1. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

That must suck. The dining room is on the first floor but the bathroom is on the third floor. "Who designed this place?!"

But seriously, that takes some major skill!

2. FalTorPan

FalTorPan Vice Admiral Admiral

I would imagine that the actual house layout -- including the presence or lack thereof of hallways, doorways, etc. -- is driven by the fact that the house interior is accessible only from the back of the structure. I suppose a "doll starship" would have its rooms similarly arranged. :)

3. aridas sofia

aridas sofia Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The amazing thing is that it photographs so amazingly true to scale. If you didn't know these were dollhouse interiors you could easily believe that most of them were real rooms. That is the true test of an excellent miniature job IMO. Tell her she has left everyone here in Dingburg slack jaw. :D

4. Outpost4

Outpost4 Vice Admiral Admiral

And the bowling alley is where?

Forbin, I don't know how to tell you this, but I now think you are the second best modeller in the family. Your wife's work is absolutely amazing.

:bolian:

5. dubeau

dubeau Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That's amazing. The level of details and everything. Serious talent there...unless it has something to do with insanity. But I doubt it...

6. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow! Great work there by Mrs Forbin. I love the toiletries on the dressing table. Really beautiful work.

7. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yup. Just imagine all that stuff is in the half of the house that's cut away.

She's tried houses with stairs and doors, but she found it annoying to spend time on such concessions to reality, when she really just wants to get to building the furniture. You CAN build the house as real as you want, or you can just make it an excuse to do a collection of rooms. Hey, it's a hobby.

8. dubeau

dubeau Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You just have to build a miniature transporter in the dollhouse Forbin. ;)

9. USS Kongo

USS Kongo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Very impressive work! It's not enough that Mary builds everything in the rooms, but she also builds the house itself! Very nice. :thumbsup:

Sean

10. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sean, you've seen 'em in person!

Nice avatar, btw :lol:

11. USS Kongo

USS Kongo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thanks! When I saw this scene in the SG-1 episode, I just couldn't resist. :D

Sean