House of Cards - Season 2 (Discussion & Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by doubleohfive, Feb 14, 2014.

1. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

I'm two episodes in and I know I should get to bed but hot damn, the new season is AMAZING!

Anyone else watching tonight?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  2. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Outstanding. I cannot believe who died in the first episode. Start's to slow down a bit by episode 3 - haven't got past that yet.

I plan to binge watch it with the binge wine tonight. LOL

3. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

I only got through three episodes before finally getting to bed. So far, the show is simply outstanding. Very glad to have it "back" at last!

4. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's estimated that Netflix paid over $100 million on making 26 episodes. At nearly $4 million per episode I hope they're getting their bang for their buck

As a viewer I am.

CNN

5. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Pissed me off. Not so much that this character bought it (Had a feeling it was coming) but that it happened so soon into the season.

6. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

F. U.

That's all!

7. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I hope it continues the last few episodes of season 1. I found the show really damn boring for several episodes, then it picked up at the end.

Plus I should have bought the show when it was $8 on DVD, I like DVDs. :lol:

8. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I loved it. I had a strong feeling it was coming considering what happened in the British version, but I suspected it would occur towards the end of the season and be this season's big twist. The fact that they put it right in the first episode took me completely by surprise and upset all my expectations of how season 2 would play out.

Only 1 episode in for me, I'm not much of a binge watcher and prefer to space things out.

9. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Just saw the first episode.

I checked this thread earlier, so I knew going in that someone important was going to die and that I wouldn't like it.

That expectation was met.

I'm disappointed that a big favorite of mine and an indelible part of the drama is gone. F.U. indeed. Still, I'm glad that one of the best shows on right now is back and I look forward to more of Frank Underwood's machinations.

Best ever breaking of the fourth wall, by the way.

10. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

Saw the first episode earlier.

That incident, in conjunction with his discussion with the restaurateur, felt like Frank crossing the line to confirmed psychopath. Unlike the Russo killing, it didn't really seem to have a rationale (risk/opportunity factor) and seemed a bit like a play for shock value. Interestingly, Claire seems okay with it.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more of this.

(Edit: Nice fourth-wall-breaking indeed, and I thought the opening title sequence was great thus time around.)

11. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, it was. About five minutes before, I was thinking to myself "Frank's been ignoring us." :)

Who wouldn't want a set of cufflinks with those initials.

12. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Apparently, this show is set in a world where no-one has even entertained the idea of any NSA data collecting scheme and where all the Tor network's hidden services still work. It's kind of cute.

13. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I try to space shows out, but when they're so good I lose all control. :scream:

14. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Yes!!! That made me tick as well! I wonder how many people are going to try Tor after watching the show...

15. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Yeah, the major event that took place in the first episode was a shock!

Also, did anyone else
    get shivers down their spine when Frank casually mentions that we think he's forgotten us? When he said it, while still staring in the mirror, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up! I swear, the casting in general is awesome, but mother of god, Kevin Spacey was THE perfect pick for Frank Underwood!

I can't wait to see the second episode!

16. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

True, but it's very much in tune with the British original. I wonder whether the second season will loosely follow the events of To Play the King, or if they'll make a break from the original at this point and try to tell their own story. They certainly can't have Underwood get into a spat with with the King, that's for sure.

17. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

Who is the closest thing to Royalty in the US,oprah?

18. Agent Richard07

Just finished 2x09. It was directed by Jodie Foster.

Spoilers...
    All I have to say is poor Freddy. He's a good guy and by far the coolest character on the show. He and his rib joint were a nice little sojourn from the political grind for both Frank and the audience. It was a shame he had to get mixed up in everything and ultimately get brought down. Something told me that his newfound fame would go sour, but I didn't know what would happen or how, or that it would get this serious. At the end of the day though, Freddy, in his usual cool fashion just walks away.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  19. Agent Richard07

I wondered why the Underwoods didn't move into the Vice Presidential palace, but looking at pictures, I guess it wasn't in the show's budget.

And no product placement for the Play Station this season? I guess we're onto iPads and the Windows Phone now.

20. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

I would have hated to live on that street since he became VP.