Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

ZOMG, epic trailer with epic score!

2. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

I've had no interest in this new Superman film at all, mostly because I think every Supes film that's come before it frickin horrible and because Chris Nolan completely butchered the Batman films. But the new trailer looks fucking awesome. I might see this.

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

No,no, no. As a Chris Nolan hater you're obliged to hate this film sight unseen.

4. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm a don't-give-a-fuck-about-Chris-Nolan-er and this movie looks fantastic. :lol:

5. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

The trailer itself is more rousing than most films. Between this and the new Into Darkness trailer, this has been a great week for promos for movies!

6. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

This looks fantastic.

7. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That new trailer is just awesome! I hate to say it, but I'm just a wee bit more excited for this movie than Into Darkness! :eek:

8. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

That's a normal reaction. We didn't get a good Superman movie in, like, whew, um, when was that again?

9. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

20-30 years is my guess.

10. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm at a loss for words. That was amazing.

I've read reactions describing the trailer as feeling more like an overture than anything else, and I think that reaction is appropriate. The music, the build-up, the imagery, everything was just incredible. The momentum of the trailer was almost perfect. Some great editing.

Who knew that combining the visual artistry of Zack Snyder and the storytelling prowess of Christopher Nolan would be such a potent mix? I was hesitant when Snyder was announced, but every trailer has convinced me he was absolutely the right man for the job.

Also, Zimmer's score (which is confirmed to be his score featured in the trailer) kind of blew me away. If that's any indication of his score in the movie, then I think we're going to be in for something great.

11. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Loved the start and loved the end. Hopefully there won't be too much of Clark plodding around on a fishing boat. I want to see Superman punching dudes in the face as quickly as possible.

12. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

^ I was really afraid I would mis John William's main Superman Theme but my fears have been laid to rest. I also hope we don't get too much Clark Kent either. I wasn't thrilled with another origin story but this movie does look great so hopefully they will get to Superman pretty quickly.

Who knows, maybe the Krypton scense and the scenes with Ma & Pa Kent are in flash back?

13. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Not a spoiler but a guess - Zod and that are in chains at one point - sent in the Phantom Zone and that is how they survive?

14. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I don't know about the Phantom Zone for this movie. I have a guess that Zod and his gang are some how involved in the destruction of Krypton and they escape prior to the planet blowing up. That is just my guess.

15. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

This movie wasn't in my top 5 must see list, it still isn't. lol But it looks much better than I thought it would be.

RAMA

16. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Update effects and minor differences aside, there's nothing new here. The story is the same as the Donner films.

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Damn. They are just determined to make me care about Superman, aren't they?

Dammit. :lol:

18. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

So you've seen it. How'd you manage that?

19. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I still think the first Superman movie is the best superhero movie yet, though several have come close. If this movie gets half way there I'd enjoy it.

RAMA

20. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Unless you've actually worked on the movie, or somehow have already managed to see it, you have no idea what the story is.