The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If Carol is dead I don't think there will be anything to tie Daryl to the group when Meryl shows up.

I can't believe they killed Lori. Or that they were talked into the c-section so easily.

2. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

If I understand it correctly, it doesn't take much for a woman to begin producing milk when presented with a hungry infant.

3. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

It would've been nice if the narrative had made any attempt at all to save her instead of "Ok, baby's out, don't need the carrier anymore... BLAM." Then again considering what a weak and useless character she's been so far I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but it would've been nice to see her get some real development.

Which is expected and good, it's just that I wish the changes were equally as good as the original. Like Daryl and Merle good, all the time. Man do I love watching Daryl and Merle.

I'm not really sure what it gains them at this point rather than later after she and Rick patch it up. I guess there's the "relentlessly turn Carl into a ruthless mini-Rick in half the time the comics did" by taking out Lori and Sophia... that and "Why was I distant so much at the end???" trauma for Rick I guess.

I actually liked the very brief Andrea/Shane thing. Well, no, that's not true, they were very obnoxious except when she was learning to shoot. I like the idea in theory as a way for Andrea to become somebody interesting and Shane to get over his murderous obsession. Shame it pretty much immediately turned back into "Lori and Carl are MINE, preciousss" and Andrea was "Oh, he's really a good guy and you're all just jealous."

But yeah, I was looking for her to become the morally fibrous badass I loved and maybe take more of Dale's place - they seemed to be hinting at this when she was the only one to stand with him - instead of this googly-eyed person she seemed to have outgrown.

4. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I was thinking tonight that I'm not totally into this show and that it's just something I watch, then we get this. Never thought they'd kill off Lori let alone T-Dog. That was pretty unexpected.

5. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

man, that was a good ep. i too didn't think they'd kill off Lori so early on.

6. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

So much for that parallel birth idea from earlier in the thread.

7. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

I shed a manly tear.

8. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

That was pretty intense. I thought that it was the best of the 4 episodes aired so far. It delevered on action and emotional gut punches. Plus that creepy scene with Andrea and Merle. And Andrea continues to annoy as she seems to be falling for another psycho alpha male type.

9. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

Holy crap. This is a game changer. Poor Carl...
    This show is awesome.

10. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

He was largely a token character, and aside from his conversation with Dale about not trusting Shane or Rick in season 2, it is clear the scripters had him question the treatment of the prisoners as a way of quickly humanizing T-Dog before the end came. It was too little, too late for anyone to care that much. That's what happens with cardboard characters.

Her head-wrap was found, but she ran off after T-Dog's sacrifice. I guess she will be in full-on depression mode now that her "pact" with T-Dog ended in a gruesome way, while Lori--probably--Carol's best friend among the camp--died.

With so much of the comic's arcs discarded, or changed to the point where plotline similarities are coincidental, i'm wondering how Carol will see Rick moving forward. I also wonder if this will cause a rift between Daryl and Rick, just as Merle seems close to finding his brother again.

11. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Her moral center is paper thin, and seems to kick into gear at the worst times imaginable (i.e. tension with Shane/the unknown Gov., etc.).

12. wissaboo

You don't understand correctly. :guffaw: An adoptive mother with medication MIGHT be able to produce a bit of milk after nursing for weeks but not enough or quick enough to keep a newborn alive.
    I think you guys are all being too hard on Andrea. She's just a flirty southern woman who is flirty with everyone. Even Michone. (or am I the only one picking up the lesbian vibe there?)

13. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

14. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

I actually think that people are being too hard on Andrea at this point.

The down side of the audience knowing more about the Governor than the characters is that we fault them for not immediately seeing what we do.

If you look at it from her perspective, there are alot of positive things about Woodbury. In fact, from her point of view there is nothing about it that situation that is fundamentally different from the situation that she found on the farm, only this guy is more serious about security. Neither she nor Micchone have seen him or his people, do anything inappropriate. The Governor has been nothing but nice to them, and has even tolerate Micchone's snooping and less than pleasant attitude.

Remember, Micchone is perfectly content to continue roaming the wasteland. Andrea, for a while at least, had some stability (both in the camp and on the farm). So its not out of the question that she's be looking for that again.

15. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, I was wrong -- the prison episodes were just about back to back. I based that partly from the indication that they were going to be forced out of the prison. Glad to see that isn't the case.

As soon as they made it clear Oscar and Axel weren't the culprits, I guessed it was Andrew. We never saw what happened to him.

And Axel is giving me some serious red flags. They need to watch that guy carefully.

Poor T-Dog, but I really wish they'd given him some development. I wonder if they did that to avoid the confrontation when Merle shows up? Remember, T-Dog is the one that dropped the key down the drain.

I went back and watched the previous episode. It does like the Governor is keeping his family in the fish tanks. The photo showed a blonde lady and a black-haired girl. The first tank we see has zombie heads with blonde and black hair, although there's a third head in there with them. I don't think this is just some sort of psychotic obsession. He's trying to find some way of bringing them back, unrealistic as that may be.

16. wissaboo

he said last night his wife died 18 months before the plague

17. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, he did. Just like he said the "biters" got the National Guardsmen before he could arrive.

And Andrea wouldn't take a drink with him before he spun his sob story, and she did afterward. The scoundrel has her hooked and now he's reeling her in. "Just one more day. The day after that."

Philip probably isn't even his real name.

18. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

Boy, does this get better and better with each episode!
    I can't beleive they killed off Lori, yet I'm not sorry to see her go. It's a real shame that her own son had to kill her.
    And they killed off T-Dog. :( I liked his character, he had heart.

Does anyone know if the baby was a girl or a boy? I don't remember.

19. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

I know part of the reason I'm so hard on her is from comparing her to her vastly superior counterpart. This may be unfair, but I don't think I can shake it.

You'd think she'd trust the instincts more of the woman who saved her and has been keeping her alive.

:techman:

20. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Kirkman has confirmed she's dead and Carl shot her, and that it was filmed as it was in part to avoid showing a kid shoot his mom on TV.