Post here if you actually loved this movie!!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Matt S, May 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KittyDuran

KittyDuran Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

You might get some quibble from Chekov fans... tho' he gets into a lot of scenes in another role.

2. Maestro

Maestro Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought it was pretty neat how they took him in a completely different direction in this flick. It's interesting how little people are pleased, though. The same folks who were upset with the change for Chekov in this flick are probably also upset that they lifted lines straight from TWOK elsewhere. Haters gonna hate.

3. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I gave it an A in the grading thread. Points off for a few minor quibbles but yeah, I love it and cannot wait to see it again.

4. poundpuppy29

poundpuppy29 Commander Red Shirt

I loved this movie I gave it a an A+ it had everything I love in scifi action adventure, witty comedic moments & great character moments

5. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I'm doing my best to drown out the sounds of the haters with how awesome and fun this film is. Let them call this thing an atrocity. That's just more for the rest of us.

6. FalTorPan

FalTorPan Vice Admiral Admiral

I greatly enjoyed it, even more than I enjoyed the previous film. It was flawed, but fun.

7. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

I loved it so fucking much I'm going to marry it!

Err, just as soon as I move back to Minnesota.

8. saddestmoon

saddestmoon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Posting here, because I absolutely loved this movie!!!!

Posted for truth! :D

9. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

I'm thrilled with the movie. It was hardly perfect. But I loved its blend of action, character and theme.

10. cooleddie74

Just got back from seeing it for the second time. It was just as much fun today as it was on Friday, and this time I knew to pay more attention to certain scenes to pick up on more details.

I liked the moment when little Keenser just walks up to Kirk, looks up without saying a single word and submits his own PADD to the Captain as he resigns alongside Scotty in protest of the new torpedoes being brought aboard the ship. Some people in the theater chuckled and seemed to think the moment was cute. Can't blame them. It was kind of cute.

11. KittyDuran

KittyDuran Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Just got back as well for seeing it the second time - tho' not w/o difficulties... the fire alarm was tripped with 10 minutes left in the movie. We waited out in the parking lot a good 15 minutes then another 10 minutes waiting for the rest of the movie to come back on. Instead of starting up the movie where it was left off - they took it back another 10 minutes. Of well, got a free pass out of it. :techman:

12. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I am an old trek nerd, and I loved it.

13. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

It was cute. I like Keenser. He's obviously a good engineer, or Scotty wouldn't have him around. Plus, like Scotty, Keenser has principles, and he, too, is willing to put them on the line when necessary. Nice bit of development for him, too.

Also, Scotty at the bar? I want that suit.

Woohoo! Free pass! :D

14. tmosler

tmosler Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I am a big fan of star trek and have watched very episode of original series, next generation, ds9, and all the feature films. With that being said I loved it. Without a doubt this movie is now my favorite star trek movie ( sorry wrath of kahn) my family loved it and parts such as the kahn scream which I was holding my breath for didn't seem that bad. in fact the scream only lasted 2 seconds before the cut to another scene so I dont see the big deal. The only part I didnot like was that the villain is khan but I think it worked out good in the end. Also the Kirk death scene was not a copy of the original they added plenty of new dialog and there was only 3 short lines they copied. Lastly the audience greatly enjoyed it and laughed at all the funny parts.

15. cooleddie74

I want a Keenser plush toy.

Yeah, you heard me. Make this happen. If it doesn't, the space terrorists win.

16. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, the scene right after made me jump in my seat. It's just "KHHAAAAN!" and then "FWOOSH!" and I nearly dropped my popcorn. :lol:

17. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I also, by the way, loved the few small nods to Sulu as a captain. Especially him mentioning that it's hard to leave the chair once you get a taste for it with a reply of "Maybe someday."

I might be messing up the wording, but that was the sentiment, and as someone who always liked that aspect of Star Trek VI, I thought it was neat.

18. tmosler

tmosler Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Scottys accent was great I almost thought it was the original scotty saying it. Also the audience and me burst into laughter during lines such as Jim I am a doctor not a torpedo mechanic.

19. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

I'm so glad I wasn't spoiled for this film (and I say that as someone who made it a point to get insider info on Revenge of the Sith - basically, I love being spoiled). The whole Warp Core Values scene was just brilliantly done. I kept thinking to myself, "They really are going to do this, aren't they?" And it was so well done that, for the entire sequence, I completely forgot about the magic blood. I was so completely wrapped up in the characters' actions - Kirk's sacrifice and fear ("I'm afraid), Spock's rage ...

I had no idea that "Khaaaaaan!" was coming ... and it completely worked for me. On several levels. The call backs were great, but I loved how the moment was the mirror of TWOK. In the older film it cements the end of profound relationship (TSFS notwithstanding). In STID, in cements the beginning. Just amazing stuff.

20. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The movie was great. The reverse death scence was perfect and the Khannnnnn! was perfect. I knew the death couldn't stick but that whole scene was what made the movie even better than it would have been.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.