This show sucks shit

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Sexy Human, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Homn

Mr_Homn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Agree. TNG was basically the only star trek show that did very well in ratings from beginning to end. This fact is often very annoying to fans of other trek shows, amusingly. (Hey, don't get mad at me. I love TOS, TNG, and DS9!)

Ridiculous logic. The audience isn't responsible for a show being a failure. The makers of the show are.

2. REDrake

REDrake Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Depends what you mean by audience. I find that usually the minority make a much bigger noise.:p

3. chrinFinity

chrinFinity Captain Captain

It is strange to see someone who is critical of Enterprise, but thinks its high point was season one.

To me, the first two seasons were mediochre at best, alternating between stupid plot ideas and the squandering of half-decent plot ideas. The third season was a really embarassing artifact of the immediate post-9/11 American psychology, a terrible waste of a year's worth of production... And then the fourth season under Coto and the 2 Reeves-Stevens was absolutely some of the highest quality Star Trek ever produced.

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

But they added a few zeroes.

5. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well when the OP's idea of criticism is "sucks shit" you really don't expect in depth detail and analysis. Or even a consistent one.

I'll agree that the first two seasons drove away a lot of fans when it was originally airing. The 3rd season was alright, though was way too drawn out. With the exception of the alien Nazi's in Storm Front and the silliness(for lack of a harsher word) that was These are the Voyagers, season 4 did produce some very interesting and in depth episodes. If the ever hypothetical season 5 would've happened on a level of quality like this, perhaps it is disappointing the show was canceled. Ultimately though, the damage really was done in the first two seasons.

6. Sexy Human

Sexy Human Lieutenant

I assure you all, I am not flaming or trolling... I actually love star trek. I love the idea, I loved TNG, and for the most part I really enjoyed the movies.

I am a realist, and I speak it like it is. This show is just really, painfully awful.

I am not going to lie. I kind of liked a few episodes. But for the most part it is really badly done, the characters are pretty weak, and its pretty boring and cheesy.

7. Sexy Human

Sexy Human Lieutenant

The Alien Nazis was quite possibly the stupidest shit ever created by a human being.

8. teacake

You are wrong.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Sexy Human

Sexy Human Lieutenant

How is this even remotely plausible, the idea of nazi aliens?

What were they racist roward jews? I dont get it? Why would someone even do this?

And no in case anyone is wondering its not like Im Jewish and being sensitive or something.

I would love to create a star trek franchise. I could do better than this.

10. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

11. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes, but if those in charge ever actually cared what the internet loudmouths thought, Smallville would have been cancelled in season one, instead of being allowed to "rape Superman's legacy" for ten whole years. JJ Abrams' Star Trek would never have reached the filming stage.

Enterprise was cancelled due to low ratings, high costs and a network boss more interested in ultra-cheap reality shows.

To me it sounds like you're describing The Next Generation. I recently enjoyed rewatches of Voyager, Enterprise and The Original Series. Although all had bad episodes, I felt the good very much outweighed the bad. But I stopped halfway through TNG. It's wasn't nearly as good I remembered. Other than Picard, Data and Pulaski, the other characters were virtually nonexistant, personality-wise (perhaps I've been spoiled by the novels). And I found the direction awful - the way they just stand there, arms at their sides, taking turns reciting lines...

12. teacake

Well in TOS there was whipping.

[​IMG]

13. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

And with that, hundreds of kinky K/S stories were spawned:ack:

14. teacake

15. Nacluv

Nacluv Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yes, this is what I could find.
    http://www.trektoday.com/articles/ratings_history.shtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek#After_Roddenberry

<ginormous cut-n-paste snipped>

Nacluv, posting a link to an article is fine, but cutting and pasting in huge amounts of text from that article is not. Paraphrasing is your friend.

Not bothering to add a word of commentary after posting a link is what we call spamming. Please add some content to your posts, okay? --HR

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2012
  16. Spanky

Spanky Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

>clicks on Sexy Human's 'About Me'
    >"Interests: Star Trek Enterprise"

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

17. NrobbieC

NrobbieC Commander Red Shirt

Ugh, Pulaski, I wanted her die a slow and violent death, she was awful.

18. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

Well done sir.

19. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You mean the contradiction really surprises you?

20. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Like every other Star Trek series, it's very hit or miss. When it's good, it's really good. When it's bad, it's really bad. :shrug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.