THE WOLF MAN trailer

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Greg Cox, Aug 20, 2009.

1. LeahBoBo

LeahBoBo Commander

Can't wait to see it. I can't think of anyone who brings to mind a wolfman more than Benecio del Toro. :rommie:

2. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

So why didn't they do this new movie in black and white?

3. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

No worse than Lon Chaney Jr. as a Welshman in the original.

I mean, I love the original, but the idea that big, hulking American Lon is the son of small, delicate, British Claude Rains always makes my girlfriend giggle . . . .

4. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

I am not one to enjoy horror films much at all, but.... I do enjoy the original and this looks to be close to it in terms of atmosphere. So maybe it may lure me out of the safety of my home. After all, I am pure of heart and all. :angel:

5. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Looking forward to this as the original is my favorite of the Universal monsters. Loved the atmosphere of the trailer and glad they went with the two legged Wolfman.

6. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah I'm a big fan of the actor, but I gotta agree he was the one element in the trailer that felt off to me. It's like he just walked in off of a Steven Soderberg movie or something.

Still though, the movie overall looks amazing. And that crazy, bearded Hopkins character looks freakin awesome. :D

7. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I remember hearing about this being announced a couple of years ago...checked out the trailer a few minutes ago and was surprised how much I loved it. Gene Simmons is apprently the voice of the Wolf. I'm going to be seeing this.

8. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^huh? :confused: why not just let Benecio do the voice?

its true :lol: he just feels too... I dunno, modern?

9. Brandonv

Brandonv Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That trailer was better than I expected, and it looks like it has a good cast too. Anthony Hopkins was also in Bram Stoker's Dracula, so now he has been in two movies based on classic movie monsters.

The part in the trailer where you can here a man preaching about the beast reminded me of Brotherhood of the Wolf.

10. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

...that is very impressive. Being a big fan of old horror and indifferent to the modern breed, this might actually get me to the theater. :D
    [​IMG]