Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I sure did. But alas a whole month of episodes was wasted on that.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The individual episodes for the Younglins arc were fairly standalone too.
    I forgot to post my overall opinion of the episode in my last post. I really liked it. I can't think of any specific comments.

3. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

This episode gave me an impending cringe of doom for Ahsoka. I was expecting a bomb to go off in the suspects apartment every time Ahsoka entered a room or turned on a light. I think it's the first time I felt any real suspense during a Clone Wars ep. I figure we'll get 1 more season of Clone Wars, so Ahsoka's impending possible demise is definitely in the back of my mind and I'm starting to see death around every corner :)

4. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I felt that in her last run in with the pirates.

Has anyone in the know suggested this will happen? It's been a pet theory of my mine but not backed by anything.

5. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'll give the director(s) props for that suspense; I felt it too. But on the other hand, part of why I sensed danger was because of the way that Ahsoka and Anakin just rushed in to the apartment. I guess those two think that they can handle anything, but they really shouldn't be so cocky, because Jedi were killed in the explosion they were investigating. I almost wanted to give the writer(s) some demerits just for the way A&A rushed into danger so foolishly headstrong, but I kept coming back to the notion that that's their character.

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Like I've said before, the fact that everyone expects Ahsoka to die is exactly why I'm skeptical that she will. Storytellers generally don't like to be that predictable.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm wondering if she'll end up leaving the order for some reason in the last arc, I find it hard to believe that they'd kill such a popular character.

8. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

But if we have a season 6 then surely she'll be sticking around for a bit longer.

9. Christopher

^But characters' allegiances have changed before without the characters having to leave the series. Ventress is no longer a Sith. What if Ahsoka doesn't stay a Jedi?

10. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

11. Mr. Adventure

Interesting developments, not where I thought this would go.

Those stun rings looked really cool, especially when fired at an angle. Seems a safer way to take down a Jedi as it looks like they dissipate rather than get deflected back at the shooter.

12. CorporalCaptain

It was a really cool treatment of the sort of stun rings seen in the 1977 film.

Since they made a big deal of her surrendering her weapons at the prison, that was the tip-off to me that that was when things were going to go south for her. I was disappointed that most of the episode devolved into your basic chase. I want less padding and more developments! I'm excited to see what's coming next week, though. I peeked ahead!

Plus, we've yet to see the temple guards (?) and their gold lightsabers (?).

13. Christopher

Remind me, what scene were those in?

14. Mr. Adventure

When Leia is abducted in the opening right after leaving the message in R2.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYelmcVoZg8[/yt]

15. CorporalCaptain

^ With a truly brilliant change of perspective as the ring passes by.

I don't recall any other time that stun was used in the six films.

16. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's also one of the few times they actually hit something.

17. Mr. Adventure

^ Maybe they're super-precise but Vader ordered them to "make it look good" so they'd escape and give away the rebel base? :)

18. CorporalCaptain

^ "Even if they're killing you, make it look good, but miss, or you'll wish they'd killed you!" :lol:

19. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Excellent episode. It was worth it alone for the lighting and animation of the Republic prison. Story was good and the emotional-charged scene between Ahsoka and Anakin was terrific.

20. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked the homage to The Fugitive movie in that final scene. There were a lot of cool visuals in the those chase scenes.

Who was the female Jedi Ahsoka was talking to? She looked familiar but I couldn't place her. Is she the bad Jedi who set Ahsoka up? I know she was sad about that Jedi but she seemed suspicious to me. Or is she too obvious of a suspect?