Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Most of what I've read so far sounds pretty cool. Do we know yet if this will be the last season like they originally planned?

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't think there has been official word on that one way or another yet. I suspect that will come next month at Celebration VI.

5. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Animation is simply stunning. It gets better with every season.

I think Lucas should dump the live action show for good, and do a second animated show instead.

6. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd love to see a post ROTJ animated series...anyways, I'm looking forward to season 5 as it looks to be the best yet.

7. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Nah, as far as Lucas is concerned, the Skywalker saga ended with Vader's redemption.

Unless you actually meant ROTS. That's what I was thinking. But something other than that criminal underworld bullshit Rick McCallum was talking about.

I want a show about Tarkin's rise within the ranks and Vader's quest to find and eradicate all the remaining Jedi in hiding, while Bail Organa and Mon Mothma build the Rebel Alliance. Now THAT would be worth watching, IMO.

Imagine - Season 1 finale, a two-parter, "The Battle of Polis Massa". Empire finds it and blows it to kingdom come. I bet even the OT purists would dig that.

8. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I've recently gotten the first 4 seasons (Never actually watched the show yet), and I already have the original Movie, which I have watched, but, don't really remember.

I know the Movie gets berated, but, when I do my marathon, should I watch the Movie before S1. Currently working my way through Stargate SG-1 at the rate of about a Season a week (Just starting Season 7 now), and will probably start on Clone Wars when SG-1 is done, so I can be frustrated with the rest of you watching an episode a week beginning S5 (or maybe I'll watch Atlantis first and record S5 as it airs, and watch it all when S5 is done, so I don't suffer through only an episode a week)

9. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

The movie is basically a pilot, so it's not to be skipped. And it's not really THAT bad, it's just, it had no business being released in cinemas. It's TV-tier material all the way.

10. Sindatur

OK, cool, thanks, that's what I thought, but, I just wanted to be sure

11. Booji

12. Sindatur

Thanks, I've got that bookmarked. I may do this, you think eps 3.10 through 4.22 should all be watched in their broadcast order, or is there an update? I notice most of S2 that's left seems to flow on it's own, once you get to that point.

13. Booji

2.15 is after 3.11, but from there on out it's a straight run. I just noticed they are updating the list in the comments section of that page. i suppose if there are any changes, they'll post them.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Once the character models are updated (halfway through S3 I think), I'm pretty sure the broadcast order is chronological... or at least they don't go back to before the change.

15. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

In the trailer who gives the speech to the mandos? Is it Pre Vizla?

I hope it's Spar.

16. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just because Lucas can't envision the post ROTJ story doesn't mean there isn't one there that could be awesome. Im sure the writers working on TCW could figure something good out.

Post ROTS is also a good idea but the obvious approach is to focus on Ahsoka. They already seem to be setting up this story with Lux and Boba,conveniently close to Ahsoka's age, as major characters.

17. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

As much as I don't care about this show, it being mired in the PT and all, re-watching ReBoot on dvd does make me wonder if they plan on releasing Clone Wars blu-rays in 3D. All it'd take would be some fiddling on the software side and a second render, no?

18. Drago-Kazov

Gaith had you seen the Krell Tetralogy?

19. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can't find it now but about a few years ago a very well crafted CGI trailer for a project called "New Jedi Order" or something was about the interwebs and I think it was a school project for some animation students but it also offered solid "proof-of-concept" that a similar series post ROTS would look amazing. In fact, IIRC, it was mistaken for official and had some fans scratching their heads.

Sadly it seems Lucas doesn't want to go that time period at all. I wish someone could find the video. It was great. Looks like it's been wiped out from the internet.

So... we don't have a release date for S5 yet? just "October?"

20. Drago-Kazov

The franchise would had been much batter of without Lucas. Lucas probably lost his talents getting old and he is scared to make his own kind of movies.