Robert Beltran is married

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Mareika, Sep 17, 2011.

1. jekeyser

jekeyser Cadet Newbie

Robert looks pretty tired!

2. Katherine

Katherine Commodore Commodore

Teething baby, less sleep? :lol:

3. Mareika

Mareika Captain Captain

4. Searider Falcon

Searider Falcon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have to admit that I did a bit of a double take when I saw the thread title! Was not expecting that...and then to see he's a daddy now as well! Congratulations to him and his new family!

5. Katherine

Btw, anyone planning to attend http://comikazeexpo.com/ Comikaze Expo Con the weekend after next at Los Angeles?

Robert will be a guest there, in addition to Tim Russ and Jennifer Lien. :)

6. Mamascatz

Mamascatz Ensign Red Shirt

I checked out the site. How do we find out which day he will be there? I have never been to one of these before, but it would be cool to meet him!

7. Katherine

Well, if you have a look at their schedule, there will be a Star Trek Q&A on Saturday at 5:00 in room 5.

http://comikazeexpo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Comikaze2011Panels.ot_.10.24.11.pdf

Since Robert has been playing a character in Star Trek Voyager, he should be included there, shouldn't he?

Btw, if you will be going to that event and if you'll manage to meet Robert, please don't forget to ask him if Marlena started crawling by now. :)

8. Mamascatz

Yay!!! My brother and I got tickets and we'll be going Saturday!! Let's hope there are no last minute cancelations.

9. Katherine

Congrats and don't worry about cancellations, Robert is living less than 10 miles from there, so he should be able to show up. :)

10. jekeyser

jekeyser Cadet Newbie

I hope someone will videotape and show the q & a. Robert hopefully will tell about his new family.

11. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

That's great news! I haven't been in this forum for a while but am happy to hear about the new family.

12. Trekky11191953

Trekky11191953 Cadet Newbie

I'm very excited and happy to learn that Robert has a family. I saw the picture that is posted of him, his wife, and adorable daughter and want to wish them all the best!

13. Itachi

Itachi Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'D LIKE SOME POUND CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Mamascatz

Well....I went to Comikazee.... but Robert wasn't there. :( Garret told me that he spoke to Robert and he said he was "being a naughty convention guest and wasn't going" Which although I was disappointed, I somehow found it kind of hilarious as well. I guess I find naughty Beltran amusing :)
    I had fun talking to Garret and got to meet Picardo and Russ at around 12:30. The annoying thing is that Tim Russ, Bob Picardo, and Jennifer Lien all decided to bail before the Star Trek Panel at five leaving Garret Wang to do it alone. Which really sucked because I wondered around the Convention fairly bored and tired for 4 and a half hours until 5, only to find they bailed. Garret was amusing though, and if people are interested I'll post pictures in the next day or so.

15. Mareika

Mareika Captain Captain

I feel very sorry for you that you couldn`t meet Robert. I think I would be angry about him cancelling the con.
    And I feel sorry for you that couldn`t meet Robert because he`s a joy to meet.
    I`m wondering- I found this site of a fan who has been there
    http://www.figures.com/forums/news/14379-comikaze-expo-2011-coverage.html
    and there Robert is named as one of the actors who has been at the con???

16. Katherine

What a pity, you really have missed a lot of fun. :rolleyes:

Yeah, please share your pics with us, Garrett is a great guy. :techman:

I think that this guy just listed all guests who were invited and announced to come. This did not sound like he's seen or met Robert there, does it?

17. Mamascatz

Well unless he showed up Sunday to sign autographs, he wasn't there. I am not mad at him about it though. Garret had mentioned about Robert probably being tired out with his new baby and all. I will just be on the look out for another opportunity. :)
    I'm still waiting for my friend to e-mail me my Garret and Picardo pictures, as he took them with his camera. I'll post them as soon as I get them.

18. Mamascatz

Well unless he showed up Sunday to sign autographs, he wasn't there. I am not mad at him about it though. Garret had mentioned about Robert probably being tired out with his new baby and all. I will just be on the look out for another opportunity. :)
    I'm still waiting for my friend to e-mail me my Garret and Picardo pictures, as he took them with his camera. I'll post them as soon as I get them.

19. The Boy Who Cried Worf

The Boy Who Cried Worf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was there too on Saturday. The main Trekkers I saw there were Russ, Lien, Picardo, Wang, and Sirtis, but no Beltran. I'd like to see the pictures. The people I was with(aka my ride) had to bail early so I only got to see about 10 minutes of Wang. I felt bad for him, but he was really doing well what I saw. His impersonations of the Doctor and Janeway were spot on. And the little lesson on the etymology of Chinese names was interesting:lol:.

20. Mareika

Mareika Captain Captain

@ Mamascatz, did you meet Robert B. on Sunday?