Big Brother 16: Gentlemen, commence your appallingness!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by JirinPanthosa, Jun 19, 2014.

1. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

When they said America's Team mission was "Who should the team try to get on the block" I got scared for a minute. Like, entire season down the drain.

It was such a relief when the options were so vague and open to interpretation they could probably do what they wanted to do anyway. "A physical threat" and "A floater" both describe about half the house.

Edit: This has to be the first Big Brother season in history that the cast actually understands that the people playing against them in the game are not evil people in real life.

What I want to know is, HOW did it take them 16 years to learn how to cast?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  2. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

My guess is that after the enormous backlash last season, they brought in someone new to do casting. Other than the hamster who was voted out last night (and whose appearance seems like an audition for a future Celebrity Rehab show), there is no one I dislike in the cast.

Granted, there are some like that one woman who Julie pointed out flies so far under the radar that it's impossible to tell what (if anything) she is thinking.

3. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Victoria.

Guys at the pool table, cat-calling: "Hey, what's your name?"

In diary room: "No, seriously -- what's your name?"
    :lol:

4. JirinPanthosa

Yeah, did you notice that about Victoria? "I vote to evict DEVIL Devin".

Ten people think Devin's a good guy in real life but knew they had to vote against him in the game. One person thought he was an evil person, and it was Victoria. I think she's got the wrong season.

As annoying as Devin was, he wasn't annoying enough to make the show unpleasant to watch, whereas most seasons have half the cast who are just plain unpleasant.

5. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    When a cast member feels sick, do they call in a doctor? (I'm assuming they would if it were really serious, but what are the rules for this?)

It's too bad she felt ill, but players who think God and Jesus care if they win just annoy me.

6. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

Jeff is the new Marcellas. Wasn't he a pharmaceutical rep? What happened to that? He just needs to shut up and go away.

Speaking of shut up and go away, Jocasta. Between the crying and the praise god, she'd be my target.

7. JirinPanthosa

The popularity of Jeff Schroeder completely baffles me. First off this is a guy who on the live feeds said that if Dumbledore was gay he shouldn't be allowed around the wizard children. If he said that last season instead of his own season he would have been called out nationally on that. Second off, he has always appeared to me as a complete douchebag. His two runs on Amazing Race remind me of the SNL sketch 'Two A-holes' and portray him as an annoying windbag constantly bantering and bragging to Jordan about things she just doesn't care about and taking her lack of response as a validation.

I really think the only reason he became popular in the first place is because on his first season he was the one from the athlete clique who stood up to Jessie, and he has been coasting on that ever since.

He needs to be off my TV now. No charming interviews, no Big Brother, no Amazing Race. Just get his obnoxious self-impressed technotronic homophobic ass off TV forever.

Out of the people currently on the show I think I want Victoria gone the most because she seems the most likely to make the show unpleasant. She's the only one so far who's called someone evil.

8. Danny99

He did that and then became an a-hole for the rest of that season.

People love Jordan and he's been coasting on that as well.

9. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm starting to think Jocasta might be mentally ill. Really.

10. Danny99

She has a mental illness called "God only loves me." It's fine to have faith, but when it becomes all you are about, it becomes tiresome. I liked her better when she was the wallpaper.

Amber was fine with being in the majority alliance when Devin and Caleb were keeping her safe. Now suddenly she's "Oh my God, I'm so tired of being used."

Brittany's whining of going on the block is also tiresome. So you're not in the majority alliance, get over it. Maybe if you weren't looking down on people as if they were immature , they might like you.

11. JirinPanthosa

It's true Brittany's only successful move in the game was to get Devin to veto her. She hasn't made any effort in the game to make an alliance or secure anyone's trust.

I think Amber is correct though that the fact she's always the one to be a pawn is a signal that she's not quite so central to the alliance. She's on the right track talking to Nicole and Christine about fighting back.

Jacosta seems like she's going to have an anneurism. Every time there's any kind of pressure on her she gets sick or goes berserk. And I don't think it has anything to do with her being religious. She just can't handle stress.

12. Danny99

I'm finding myself in the same situation I was with the Brigade. I like people like Derrick, Cody, Zach more than I like the bellyaching of Brittany, the "I'm here to meet a pretty boy" Victoria and the "God is great! Praise Jesus!" Jocasta.

Why has no one called Frankie out on the fact that he runs around the house spilling people's private conversations?

As much as I like him, Cody would be smart to get rid of Donny this week. He is the only in there that has proven he can win competitions and is well liked by everyone. If his alliance is behind him, why not now?

13. Timewalker

What's with that chattering? The last time I saw anyone do that, it was my cat, when she saw a bird outside on the window sill.

14. Sto-Vo-Kory

That was bizarre. You could even hear her in the background as they were announcing the winner.

15. Ashu

Ashu Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty sure she's due for an exorcism, really.

16. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that was really bizarre. I'd really like her to go sooner rather than later.

I'm liking Derrick, Cody, and Zach as well. I really think things will come down to a split between that alliance and the alliance of Christine, Nicole, and Hayden. Assuming that Christine doesn't make the stupid move of assuming that the three guys will want to keep her around. Caleb and Amber have already been written off as the first jury members. The one who may be able to slip by while the alliances duke it out is Frankie, unless someone finally catches on to his obvious game of having everyone confide in him and then sharing their conversations.

I wonder how much longer the double HOHs will last.

17. Sto-Vo-Kory

The Nicole-Christine-Hayden circle seems like an alliance in name only. Have they done anything -- made any moves -- as an alliance yet? A light breeze could scatter them into individual floaters.

I'm liking Derrick so far, along with Frankie and Cody.

Zack seems to act before he thinks and then scrambles to recover. It makes his gameplay look both clumsy and desperate.

The girls in the house are a lost cause. They all seem content to let the HoHs pick them off one by one with perfunctory pleas for mercy after they've bungled any chance to remove themselves from the block. Joey could have been a contender but she tried to rally too early and her pool of potential recruits were a collection of blank stares.

18. JirinPanthosa

I think the Nicole/Christine/Hayden alliance is more effective just quietly deflecting attention away from each other than it is making big moves, at least until there are fewer people in the house.

And I also think they have a more intrinsic bond than the bigger alliances because they formed based on having things in common. People are always more loyal to the people they enjoy hanging out with than the people they make verbal agreements with.

I would guess the double HoH thing will last until around the 8 houseguests point, that seems to be the magic number where early rules get taken out.

19. Timewalker

2400 goals in 24 hours was just sadistic.

20. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Spoilers for last night's BBAD.

I tuned into BBAD after the big part had already happened, but ... Frankie got a letter from his mom and sister, letting him know that his grandpa had died. They said in the letter that his last words were that he wanted Frankie to continue playing the game, and not leave because of him. Frankie read it out loud in front of the other house guests (except Colby, who slept through all of it). They gave him a group hug, then he went to the HoH room and just talked, one random stream of consciousness about his grandpa, and how he'd influenced every part of his life. He said that what he shows in the house is all an act, a character he's put on because he's shy. (reminded me of Jennifer Lien from Voyager) The voiceover producer interrupted him several times to say that he is forbidden from revealing anything that is said in the diary room in front of other houseguests, but he was alone in the HoH room, so nobody could hear anyway. Seemed a little ... bizarre. At one point, while the others were gathered downstairs and they heard the voiceover dude saying that to Frankie, Zach spoke up and said they weren't talking about diary room sessions, and to shut the F up and get back to work. I'm guessing that means that when VO dude speaks, the entire house hears it, regardless of who he is speaking to.

It went on for a good 20-25 minutes before they cut to the first commercial. I wonder how much of it we'll see in tonight's episode?