Jadzia & Julian

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by strikesback5, May 24, 2009.

?

Do you think Jadzia Dax and Julian Bashir should be together?

1. Yes

32.8%
  2. No

67.2%
  1. happydave

happydave Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I would say Julian never had much of a chance to figure out who Jadzia really was with her joined Trill background. While she was trained to cope with the multiple personalities and lives of Dax, Julian just basically turns up on DS9 fresh faced and wide eyed and stumbles upon a woman he finds attractive.

Dax got a bit lucky in having Sisko as her commander, as without him she may have had a tougher time adapting as she would have all this knowledge but still keep a lower rank and have to work her way up the ranks rather than taking on the Curzon father figure she took with Sisko.

No wonder Julian is confused, sometimes she's a flirty female, sometimes she's an elderly mentor to the station captain and sometimes a Klingon warrior.

Jadzia kept a lot to herself in regards to her past but Ezri was much more vocal in her troubles and Julian could actually figure out Ezri since she was much easier to understand.

2. Reece L101

Reece L101 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I disagree with what nearly everyone said on this topic.
    I voted Yes but Julian & Jadzia should've been together because they looked cute in their blue uniforms and Worf is a very dishonorable klingon but Julian was charming and they would've been perfect together in my opinion.

3. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I wouldn't say a hard yes or no on this one. I would have enjoyed seeing them date and see where things went. I think they had some chemistry, and clearly Julian had a thing for her. But I don't know if they necessarily "belong together" as a permanent couple. It's hard to say. I think I like the way they left it. And I'm glad Worf paired with her, because I picked up on their chemistry right away, and it seemed to me that Jadzia actually became interesting and fun once she hooked up with Worf. Julian and Ezri didn't work for me and I'm glad we didn't see much of that. But there were plenty of awesome relationships (sexual and otherwise) on this series.

4. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

I think they were an interesting potential.
    I really don't care for Jadzia with Worf. She became more of an accessory for Worf than her own person. I thought Ezri was much better with Worf. She challenged him more and was less tolerant of his bs. Jadzia always seemed to be diminished by Worf.

5. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

How does a close friendship between two males automatically become gay?

For Julian/Jadzia to work he would have needed growth in a different direction.

6. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Don't expect an answer. You just quoted a message from six years ago, and Zeppster hasn't posted since 2014.

7. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Haha. Love these long dormant revived topics.

8. kkt

kkt Commodore Commodore

And Ezri taking Julian seriously just goes to show how confused her judgement was...

9. Captain Rob

Captain Rob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

WTF? what's with the necrobumping?

10. Zonker

Zonker Commander Red Shirt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WpsaJldNYU

11. jim-jean-ben

jim-jean-ben Lieutenant Junior Grade

No. But Julian should have had a gf from the early seasons. actually he ahd Jadzia could have worked, they split up and she goes with Worf, then he gets with Ezri.

12. Tracy Trek

Tracy Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think Jadzia and Worf were OK together, due to Curzon's past dealings with Kor and Co. she had an understanding of Klingon culture. I didn't watch DS9 as much as I did the other series so I may have not seen all the episodes featuring them. I felt sorry for Worf, it was the second time he lost his mate to death.

There was this scene in The Visitor where Jadzia and Julian are helping Jake with his attempt to get his father back. I felt the 2 of them sounded like an old married couple in that scene.

13. Inactive-Shapeshifter

Inactive-Shapeshifter Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I loved Ezri and Julian. I think he and Jadzia wouldn’t have gone as well as he did with Ezri.

14. borgboy

Their chemistry was definitely an old married couple. Jadzia mentioned Julian's kids which definitely didn't sound like they were her kids, but I still always am unsure if the future alternate timeline Julian and Jadzia were supposed to be a couple at that point or if it was just the familiarity of two old friends.

15. kkt

kkt Commodore Commodore

Their chemistry in The Visitor could have been an old married couple, but could equally well be old friends. I see old friends as much more likely given how they acted elsewhere.

16. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

I believe those were lines meant for Colm Meaney, but were given to Farrell because Meaney could not commit to the full week's shoot.

17. borgboy

Pretty funny considering many people feel there was chemistry and subtext with O'Brien and Bashir as well.

18. Tracy Trek

Tracy Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So I guess Julian and Miles were supposed to be the old married couple.

19. kkt

kkt Commodore Commodore

"I wish I was on this trip with someone else, that's what I wish."

20. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually, it should have been Bashir, Dax an O'Brien bantering back and forth. When Meaney became unavaiable, Dax's original lines were dropped and she was given O'Brien's.

Of course, if they sound like an old married couple, that comes at least partially from the performances.