Official TrekBBS Fantasy Baseball thread!

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Scout101, Feb 10, 2010.

1. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

Congrats!!

2. sportzkid

sportzkid Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For those of you in the TrekBBS keeper fantasy baseball league-
    Head on over to the league page and let me know what works best for a draft date for this year.

Also the owner of the Boston Skinny Puppies team is not able to continue this year so we are in need of a new owner for that team so if any one wants to join in let me know.

3. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Sunday the 23rd is my suggestion for when to do the draft...

Also, Scout's Swap Shop is now open for business! Looking for draft picks or take two guys off my roster in exchange for one upgraded player somewhere. Available names could include (but not limited to):

Albert Pujols, LAA 1B
    Elvis Andrus, Tex SS
    Pedro Alvarez, Pit 3B
    Jonathan Papelbon, Phi RP
    Matt Kemp, LAD OF
    Zack Greinke, LAD SP
    Wil Myers, TB OF
    Ryan Howard, Phi 1B

4. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

I've gotta try to get my RP fixation under control this year and not use quite so many draft picks on them.

5. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

so, wanna trade for them upfront so you don't have to burn your first 6 picks on them? :)

6. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

Thanks for taking care of this. Sorry, but school has swallowed me whole.

7. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

So, trades? Sent a bunch of offers out, let me know if you're interested in swinging a deal. If you don't like what I'm proposing, shoot me a deal for a different combo of guys, willing to listen on most anything. Off-season is no fun unless I make at least a couple trades to shake up my team. Got stuck in 2nd due to injuries last year, trying to make a trade or two to get the rest of the team playing in fear for their roster spots this year :)

8. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

No interest in Greinke, Meyers, Jansen, or Tanaka? Interested in trying to make a deal if anyone's interested. Or thinking about a bigger deal if Pujols + someone can turn into a bigger chip...

9. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Were we still doing that ESPN auction league from last year again? I got the email and said I was interested but there hasn't been any moving forward on it. It doesn't matter to me, but there are two games on March 22nd with the Dodgers and Diamondbacks in Sydney. Just curious if there was still interest.

10. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

I am planning to, think we're short 1 owner at the moment. Anyone interested in an auction league with slightly tweaked stats vice the standard 5x5? And it's a roto league vice head to head matchups, so stats over the whole season and points for your position in each category. Non-keeper.

Kinda refreshing doing something different from the usual leagues we've played in forever...

11. sportzkid

sportzkid Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ya I needed to get that draft set up here. Will try to send out more info tomorrow.

12. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Reminder, draft at 7pm ET tonight!

13. Pegaritaville

Was at a benefit and completely forgot about the draft. Oh well, my picks probably would have sucked worse than Autodraft's did.

14. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Gotta mean you're way short on closers; wanna trade for one of mine? :D

15. Pegaritaville

Nah, I think it may be time to ditch that strategy.

16. Rygel XIX

Rygel XIX Captain Captain

Oops! Missed the draft. My team is fairly weak in the pitching department. Any trade offer will be considered :)

17. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Championship week! And for once, it won't be McCosh playing in it ;)

Me vs. Yu So Uggla. Think that's one of Sportzkid's friends? Would be funny if he took over Mr Coaster's team (can't remember which one he got), would mean that even with new ownership, still some of the same teams fighting out the top spot...

18. Pegaritaville

Good luck to both teams!

19. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Championship game is going down to the wire. Bouncing back and forth at 5-4-1, I'm counting individual hits at this point, it's a game of ten-thousandths of batting average. Or if I can get another Run, or a save, or a stolen base... Pretty much another hit from my last couple guys playing would do it. Very tight match...

20. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Ugh, gonna be tight. The pitching categories are done, and on the batting side, I've got one guy still playing. He just batted in the 7th, so MIGHT get up again, who knows. Another run or a SB would lock it up for me, maybe a hit would push my average up enough, but math there is close.

Otherwise, this thing will finish 4-4-2 and we'll see what ESPN tiebreaker is. I'm the higher seed, he holds a 1 game advantage in season series. No idea which is the one they use, gonna suck for one of us either way, losing on a tiebreaker.

We might want to end the season a week early next year, too many shenanigans going on today. Everyone getting pulled, or not started, etc. 1 save would have won this for me, but in a 1-0 game, the Cardinals went with someone random in the bullpen and avoided my closer. Yay. And the averages were all over the place because half our teams didn't get their starters more than a couple at-bats. A week early would probably be better.

Edit: They had a big 7th inning, Blanco is going to get one last at bat. We'll see if he can lock it up for me!