Thor 2 -Movie Discussion, News, Interviews, Pics till release 2013

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Aldo, May 6, 2012.

1. InklingStar

InklingStar Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Looks good, but I have to wonder what the average person in the Marvel movie universe thinks about the events of the past few years. In that time, New York was broken by the Abomination and then decimated by Loki's invasion, not to mentioned the havoc caused by Whiplash and his drones; a town in New Mexico was wiped off the map; Tony Stark's headquarters was destroyed and then his mansion was blown up, and the president kidnapped; and now it looks like Washington DC is getting wrecked. Is no place safe?

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I don't recall Puente Antiguo getting wiped off the map. In fact the damage there from Thor and the Destroyer's fight seemed pretty negligible.

Basic rule of thumb in the Marvel Universe: don't live in any of the big cities (particularly New York) and you'll probably be okay. :ouch:

3. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

They're probably thinking "I'm glad I didn't move to Metropolis."

4. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

London also seems to be getting a visit in the trailer.

5. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Actually, what amazed me was that in the previous trailer, the lorry seen at the start was owned by Norman Emerson and co, a company based in the Craigavon area of Ireland. Thor comes to mid-Ulster? The mind boggles!

6. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Northern Ireland.

And as others have pointed out, London is attacked too so since the Emerson company delivers to the Belfast area, all four major UK cities could be attacked.

7. Captaindemotion

^ I prefer Ireland.

8. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Two different countries, so no.

9. Captaindemotion

One island. You may use whatever term you want, please extend me the same courtesy.

And I'm sure you know as well as I do that we're not going to resolve our different opinions in this thread.

10. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is Thor.
    I grew up on both Lee/Kirby, but also the sagas. Helmsworth + the writers capture the essense of an arrogant rich kid, and a hero who will step up to the plate when he's needed. I like these movies.

11. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

*RIMSHOT*

I'd like to visit Ireland, Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western at some point. ;)

12. InklingStar

InklingStar Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That actually brings up a salient point. It seems like each superhero movie ups the ante, so to speak, when it comes to destruction. The Avengers turned New York into a battlefield, so Man of Steel turned downtown Metropolis into a dusty crater. As was mentioned, Thor 2 is targeting several world cities. Is it possible, at this point, to back down and make a smaller story? One aspect of The Wolverine that I liked was a much smaller focus. Logan is not trying to save New York, nor does the fate of the world rest in his hands (claws.) If the stories do not pull back soon, Avengers 3 will be about the fate of the entire universe!

It reminds me of the TV show 24. Season 1 was fairly tight - Jack Bauer must stop the assassination of a presidential candidate. Season 2 brought a nuke, which did not hurt anyone, so of course season 6 had a nuke go off in a populated area. The writers kept raising the stakes until the storylines were completely ridiculous. I do not want that to happen to the superhero movies - they are doing really well right now.

13. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

14. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^^^
    That seems a foregone conclusion despite Tom's uncertainty answer. However, in fairness to Tom his answer was also logical cause the foregone idea was there would be a Superman Returns direct sequel as well as Green Lantern.

Thor Dark World just seems destined to be a hit that ensures a third entry.
    The real follow-up question I'd have asked Mrs. Portman is, "Will Jane be involved in a Thor 3?".

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, at this point I'm almost positive we'll end up seeing at least one more Thor, Cap & Avengers. At this point I'm thinking they probably have at least some basic idea of what they want to do for at least 1 or 2 more movies in each of the current series.

16. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Very nice.

18. Captaindemotion

19. Captaindemotion

20. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral