Capaldi's previous roles in DW and TW won't be ignored

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by M.A.C.O., Dec 10, 2013.

1. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Where did that come from? Who said it has anything to do with people being unable to cope?

2. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

On the face of it this interests me not in the least and I don't have any real desire to find out why Capaldi's Doctor has the same face as Caecilius or the guy from Torchwood. I'll obviously give Moffat the benefit of the doubt that he can make an interesting story of it, but it's easily the most dubious I've felt about a story direction. It's just the same actor. Assuming it's more than a throwaway line, obviously.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Maybe he will have a Bad Wolf moment and scatter his face across Time and Space.

4. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The caretaker does say you will be revisiting old faces not just the favourites. Maybe this somehow refers to it.

5. 3chordboy

3chordboy Commander Red Shirt

he says "BUT just the old favourites" :)

6. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Aside - been watching Capadi's 2013 role as Leonardo da Vinci from "Inside the Mind of Leonardo". Holy CRAP are we in for some awesomeness. :)

Mark

7. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

Peter Capaldi presents quotes from Machiavelli's "The Prince" (1 minute in and throughout):

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FSwHqnbHpvo#t=60[/yt]

8. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I rewatched yesterday I was sure he said not the the old faves. Oh well.

9. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

The Silurians tried to steal the augment virus from Doctor Khan Noonien Songh, but their skin conditions started to dissolve and they lost their mouth love organs. They kidnapped Strox as the nurse most familiar with earthling scum physiology to develop a cure, but it only made them grow a second heart, glow like crucifixes and get nausea during changes in time. They tried another plan, but they only impregnated the timeline with Doctor Khan Noonien Songh's DNA and would periodically regenerate into him.

Moral of the story: Playing the superhuman game is dangerous, kids. You get the most unfortunate of relatives.

10. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Believe it or not, Paul Cornell offers an explanation for Peter Capaldi in "The Girl Who Loved Doctor Who," the comic book coming out from IDW on Tuesday. (I read it this week, as it actually shipped to comic shops this week.)