Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I'm getting tired of press releases claiming AoS is "Marvel's first television series." Marvel Studios produces many animated series, and has had two prior live-action series, Mutant X and Blade: The Series. If they mean it's the Marvel Cinematic Universe's first TV series, they should say so.

3. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

It's not an acronym, it's a gimmick that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has done twice now, first with F.Z.Z.T.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jamie looks so stern. I'd almost think that she's having a shit in the bus.

Remember Samurai Delicatessen?

I want to see her make a sandwich with that sword.

5. Christopher

Yeah, they're basically just wordplays poking fun at "S.H.I.E.L.D."

6. Alidar Jarok

Yeah, the only time I'll bother with the periods in SHIELD is when explaining that.

7. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

When it says Sif has been sent by Odin I guess we really mean
    Loki, since he was disguised as Odin at end of Dark World and we know not where he's at?

I thought those were produced in conjunction with Marvel Entertainment. The actual Marvel Studios wasn't created till they got they that $500m loan in '06. I believe they are indeed correct in saying it's Marvel Studios first live action production as the others were glorified leasing of property licenses to other tv production companies. Similar to how SONY and FOX have properties.

So fun with acronyms, ok. That will get old if it goes much longer though will it not? That's twice they've done it already. Unless acronym shows are hints that important stuff happens.

8. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thank you.

9. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

10. Christopher

It's the same costume, and pretty similar hair. But it's shot under TV lighting conditions, of course, so maybe that's what you're referring to.

11. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it just looks rather pedestrian I guess. I only saw the first Thor movie once but I didn't remember her looking as such.

12. Guy Gardener

Is Loki into Sif?

Being Odin would be a prime yet skeevy way to get it on with her, if he is in to her and had been rejected for the last thousand years, and maybe she has daddy issues?

I remember God of Mischief having a thing with the Enchantress's sister, but he doesn't seem to manwhore it around like his brother does.

Loki didn't seem to be "into" any one on Young Avengers (Loki was murdered a while back, and then because of the renewal cycle of gods came back as an 8 year old who was as yet not evil, how he was when Thor and he were best buddies before everything got dark... He skipped over a bit and became 15 (human years old looking) recently half way though his tenure in the Young Avengers as the guy they shouldn't trust no matter how helpful he seems while waiting for the inevitable and regrettable betrayal that Loki is infamous for.)

Loki seemed to used to have a thing for Venus form the Agents of ATLAS.

I must have blinked.

There are several web pages devoted to an interview where Tom Hiddleson expressed an interest in Loki and the Enchantress hooking up... Did that ever actually happen?

[​IMG]

13. Alidar Jarok

As long as those episodes keep being above average, they can keep it up as far as I'm concerned ;)

14. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Entire programs have used puns for nearly every episode. Knight Rider for example. Let's be thankful it has only been a few.

15. dansigal

dansigal Captain Captain

Clearly Coulson. First you had that convo where Ward tells May that he thinks Coulson is making this too personal, and mentions that it's affected Skye, made her focused and determined to get Quinn. Then we as the viewer hear Skye tell Fitz that she's going in because Coulson wouldn't want Quinn to get away, and Fitz then tells the group that Skye went in to stop Quinn from getting away.

16. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  17. Guy Gardener

For all we know, on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. last week, that was Willie Lumpkin on the train after he cashed his Christmas Bonus from the Richards family?

18. Avalon

Avalon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^^^ :lol: Good point.

19. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

When I was watching it I just assumed they were using a hyperbaric chamber to maintain pressure on Skye's wounds, but thinking about it a bit more they did seem to imply that it was more than that. They should have just called it a stasis chamber.

20. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I guess no new episode tonight. (Due to Olympic coverage on other network(s)?)