Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

^I think Spider Gwen stays in her own universe, but there will be crossovers.

2. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

The whole Web Warriors premise is to visit other worlds where there are no more Spider-Men, so there is most definitely a multiverse.

3. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

Yeah, it appears that the multiverse itself was rebooted with a few changes (such as the removal of Hickman's everything-dies storyline bar a few vague memories of something having kind of sort of maybe happened 8 months ago). The All-New, All-Different moniker seems to relate more to changes that have happened in the meantime than to the multiversal reboot itself.

4. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Kind of a cop-out then !

I was expecting this to be a chance for Marvel to put all their chosen versions of characters into a single world with their different (and sometimes contradictory) backstories intact. Everything (possibly excepting the MCU) in the same universe.

Collapsing everything down to one, then fragmenting it again immediately seems...redundant.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Right.

Cover of the the new Deadpool #1.

Clear as day, above where it's written Deadpool.

Clear as ####ing day.

"The World's Greatest Comic Magazine"

####.

Thoughts?

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I just realized something... I'm looking at the last month of Marvel releases, and aside from the Star Wars titles there's nothing I'm truly excited about. There's a million new Avengers books, but none of them feel important to me that Bendis' or Hickman's books felt. Every series feels lesser than what it was before, aside from Spider-Man which is basically unchanged.

7. Guy Gardener

Vision is a mind fuckingly disturbingly good read.

Scarlet Witch is shit.

Hawkeye (are there two of them or is one just dying really slowly?) is magnificent.

Nova is shite.

Inhumans, both of them are good, but I can barely remember which is which. Kang is playing with the children of Superheroes again. Where's Havok? He turned evil, and Kang has his daughter with the Wasp from a failed timeline.

Moongirl and Devil Dinosaur was "cute". Not Ms Marvel "cute and good" but it shows promise.

Spider-Gwen, I am drawn to this woman. Girl? She's what 15? #### it, she died before I was born. Spider-Gwen is good in web warriors too. Apparently Electro has teamed up with himself as well on a dozen parallel worlds too. Roll on the good times.

Astonishing Ant-Man is about a #### up who hires semi-reformed super villains to work security for local business' and events. Scott lang is a hot mess, who has taken over from Spidey as the no-luck Super-Hero of Marvel.

:)

(Edit)

Patsy Walker: Hellcat is obviously an experiment in feminization. It didn't make sense. No real conflict, just fake conflict that is instantly over come so they can go to a coffee house and gossip about their day. Nice things happening to nice people who are rewarded for being nice. Errgh, but there was plenty of She-Hulk, which is good. :)

PS

In one of the X-Men books, was Anole after a Wingman or a hook-up? Or did he have a welcome packet ready to coincide with Bobby's recent coming out?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  8. Guy Gardener

Do we know how Cyclops dies yet?

I'm only asking because I might have read his #e###rection a week ago, when it didn't dawn on me that dead is dead at the time, maybe because we haven't seen him die yet, or even maybe that his #e###rection was a fake out hoax by some punk with a typ... They don't use typewriters anymore do they?

The "original" Marvel method was a plot was given to the artist, the artist left room for speech bubbles and the writer from that point tried to fill in the bubbles so that the art made sense... Which is bass-ackwards, but seemed to work at the time.

But ultimately in the past, even when typewriters were prevalent, comic book writers didn't need a bar of that.

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

We saw God Doom kill Cyclops in Secret Wars several months ago, and I thought that was the death scene. However I just recently read in an X-comic, lord knows which one, that
    the Inhumans killed Cyclops
    , which just got me all confused again.

10. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

No, she's older than that. Gwen is in college, and I seem to remember that she drinks a beer in one issue of the first series.

11. tenmei

tenmei Commodore Commodore

Made my decision - Spidey 2099 is no longer on my pull list, along with Red Hood and Arsenal from DC.

I'm keeping Midnighter and Hercules, and hopefully the upcoming Mockingbird and the new Luke Cage and Iron Fist will be decent :D

12. Guy Gardener

When I was 14, sometimes friends of mine would show up on my door step and say things like "Hey beardo, it's booze time."

I personally had decided to not start drinking yet, but sometimes I helped out the middleschool drunks avoid detrimental tremors.

13. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We can't assume anything done in Secret Wars necessarily carries over back into the current universe. Many things are reset (especially since both Strange and Thanos are back in the proper universe as well)

There's an 8 month gap where lots could have happened, though.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just picked up the first Kamala Khan Ms. Marvel collection while it was on sale at Comixology, so I was wondering what the best way to read the stuff around Secret Wars is? Should I just read straight through Last Days, or is that more of a SW tie in that I can skip?

15. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Last Days issue is pretty much the conclusion of the first volume and can be read as part of your read through. It is also part of the much anticipated crossover with Carol and wraps up things in the first volume pretty nicely.

"Ms. Marvel" is one of my favourite books right now.

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I've heard nothing but good things, and I'd already been debating it being one of my next new series, so once it went on sale on Comixology I grabbed it (digitally).

17. Guy Gardener

The audio book is quite fun as well, which means that there's probably a book book out there some place too.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Uhhhh, what?

19. Guy Gardener

There's an audio book of the first volume of Ms. Marvel.

It's a fun listen.

(Official trailer/advertisement below.)

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdkwr8ezu2U[/yt]

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cool, I didn't know they did audio books of comics.