New live action "Turtles"?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by The Borgified Corpse, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Trailer looks like a TMNT movie. Cool.

2. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

When you think about it, the original cartoon actually INFLUENCED the live action TMNT movies. The first movie had the perfect blend of darkness and comedy, something that I wish had been used for all three movies, but the parent groups got angry at the level of violence. The producers sadly bent under pressure from the parent groups and took away the turtle's weapons, and the sequels were pretty much the cartoon done as live action movies with very mixed results.

The sequels suffered because of the moronic parent groups.

Thank god, the new cartoon has the turtles that actually use their weapons. The cartoon actually had an episode with Splinter forcing the turtles to go weaponless in battle, I like to imagine that was the writers taking a dig at how ridiculous the whole idea is. :lol:

3. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

As a kid I always found it cooler when the Turtles didn't use there weapons. Because I saw it that they were so skilled and good at what they did that they didn't need to use them.

4. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

It's good. Lots of nods the 80's cartoon and some LOL moments(at least for me they were LOL)

So gross parts like Pizza face and mutated squirrels

My favorite scene was from an episode last season with the turtle sub

Best clip I could find. The music and added text were not part of the episode.

And ofcourse total 80's geekout moment when the 80's turtles make an appearance

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYbeYTjpfoM[/YT]

with original actors returning

Rob Paulsen voices the 2012 Donatello. He reprises his role as the original Raphael too in that clip

5. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

6. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, my god, what a laugh! :guffaw:

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I saw earlier. Hilarious!