Which TV character's death moved you the most?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Rowdy Roddy McDowall, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Did I miss something? Is DMC in ill health? :(

2. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not as far as I know.

3. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Cut-Throat Bitch/Amber on "House." Didn't move me so much as the loss of the character but the way her death was handled and how it impacted the characters was very well done.

4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

No, I think there was just a general comment that, because of his advanced age, he may not be on the show for much longer. My Google-Fu tells me that he has signed the contract for the full year, but I understand the OPs concerns. There aren't that many actors 80+ who can handle a TV shooting schedule.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

He's not allowed to die or quit until after Joanna Lumley has had a guest spot as a long lost girlfiend...

That was weird... I was reading the IMDB listings for man from Uncle wondering if Robert Vaughn was still alive (Hustle wasn't that long ago!) when I started singing...

I knew Leo G. Carrol
    Was over a barrel
    When tarrantula took to the hills
    And I got really hot
    When I saw Jeanette Scott
    Fight a triffid that spits poison and kills

:)

6. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I still remember in one of the early NCIS episodes someone asks Gibbs what ducky looked like when he was young and Gibbs replies, "Illya Kuryakin".

And dammit, now I have lines from Rocky Horror running through my head.

7. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

The death of Steve Jinks in the Season 3 finale of Warehouse 13. The show is usually pretty lighthearted and goofy (in a good way), which is why this scene hits you like a ton of bricks. It's extremely well-acted all around, and the music fits the scene perfectly. The poor quality of the video below doesn't do it justice:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDWDSHUqaHs[/yt]

Pete's desperate attempt to spare Claudia the view of her dead friend, and then her anguished cry get me every time.

They undid his death later, but still, at the time this was pretty heavy for the show.

8. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

Allison. MEDIUM. Makes me cry...

Or Mariette hartley on The Incredible Hulk. Again, Onion Ninjas strike.

9. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Definitely. I was sad while watching it and :guffaw: as well. Silly Tony :p.

10. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

That's the best description of Debra I've ever heard! :guffaw:

11. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

Did anyone really find Arzt's death moving? I found it kind of horrible (and I'm ashamed to admit, a little funny), but "moving" isn't a word I'd use for it.

12. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Artz mention was a bit of a gag, but I sure moved when it happened.

13. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Artz' death was definitely played up for comic effect. They establish him as a guy who love to lecture people then have him blown up because he intentionally applies his lecturing mannerisms to explaining dynamite.

Lost had an interesting way of giving moving deaths to good characters and pointless deaths to unliked characters.
    Shannon dies just kind of randomly by accident. What's her name Jacob's flunkie from season 6 dies as pointlessly and suddenly as Artz in the same manner because the island said so. Charles Whitemorre, Martin Keamy, sudden Ben Linus executions. But Charlie, Juliet, Jack, Sayid, Jin, Sun, Daniel, Charlotte, Alex, Danielle, all beautifully written and impactful deaths.

Lost is one of those shows where the grand will of the universe abides by character popularity.