Niners Unite...around Babylon 5! - The Lost Threads

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Neroon, Aug 20, 2007.

1. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

Okay. I feel much better now. :D

I guess I'll buy vol 13, even though I currently have only through #5, to take advantage of that $10 off.

I want to try and save a little money here! :lol:

Do you just claim it when you place your order?

And can you pre-order and still get the $10 off?

2. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

The $10 off is already there when you go to order. They set the price at $29 instead of $39 for the first week.

Unfortunately, there's no way to pre-order. Lots of us just wanted to 'subscribe' when the series started but it's beyond Cafe Press' capabilities given how the POD model works. I asked about it a while back and CP can't assign a product number until the manuscript is actually uploaded (if I understood correctly).

Jan

3. The Habs Fan

The Habs Fan Commodore Commodore

I won't be able to participate this Saturday. But have fun :)

4. PKTrekGirl

Thanks, Jan!

Can you buy it now or is there an updated ETA?

I want to make sure I don't miss any of the remaining deadlines in order to reduce cost a bit.

5. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

The $10 discount for Vol. 13 is still in effect, since it just was released yesterday. I'd head over there ASAP, just to be sure you made it in time. The release for Vol. 14 isn't known at this time, or at least...... jms hasn't said anything to that effect.

6. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

^^
    And the longer the wait the better. I'd love to get my hands on volume 15, but it's going to take me a bit to be able to buy up every script book. As an aside, my roommate, who's a screenwriting major, has expressed interest in taking a look at one of the script books. I'm very curious how he'll react to them (he'll be seeing volume 13), since he's never seen the show.

7. Neroon

8. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

^^
    I've been meaning to pick up that book for years, but never have had the chance. I bet the library here has it--I'll have to give it a gander this weekend.

9. Neroon

What is nice about it is that it's not tailored to the B5 fan. It really is geared towards the person who is serious about learning how to write scripts. Now, it uses a B5 episode as a model ("The Coming of Shadows" if memory serves), but it is not exactly something B5 geeks will gush over.

10. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

According to the website, March is the target for Volume 14 and JMS should be able to make it, I'd think, assuming the writer's strike isn't settled soon.

Hirogen Alpha, I think your roommate will enjoy the script books on a purely professional basis even if he's not interested in the show yet. JMS is telling a lot about his thinking processes and about television making and the tricks he used to stay on budget... The "Complete Book of Scriptwriting" will tell your roommate about structure and contracts and professionalism and the script books will tell about telling a good story. I'd love to hear what your roommate says when s/he reads the scripts and watches the show. It's fascinating to me on an amatuer basis.

Jan

11. Neroon

Definitely. The combination of the scriptbook(s) along with the "The Complete Book of Scriptwriting" would make for a potent combination. The one provides the more formal instruction, while the other gives you a nice variety of examples and "behind the scenes" look at how it worked for jms.

12. PKTrekGirl

Thanks very much, Neroon. :)

I think you're right - I'd better order it tonight while it's still on my mind. Otherwise I'll likely forget.

By the way, I see that The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father is in this one. Too bad we won't have our copies in time for Saturday night.

I think I'll get another couple of the books to save on the postage. Then I'll get a couple more with each of the two remaining releases and I'll be done. :)

13. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

Only one more release, PKTrekGirl. Volume 14 is the end of the 14 volume series and Volume 15 is the free volume. You won't order that, you'll send in the proof of purchase form.

Jan

14. PKTrekGirl

Oh! So I need to keep all my receipts then? The one from last week for 1-5 and my next ones which will cover 6-14 in some combination?

Glad the last one is free! :D

15. Neroon

Jan, I believe that earlier it was established that all you needed to provide to get Vol. 15 was the order numbers from each of the previous 14 orders.

Just confirmed it, as I found my original email from the Scripts Team. It said:
    I presume that when Vol. 14 is sent out, they will include information on just HOW to get your order numbers to Cafe Press. It will either be then or perhaps when Vol. 15 is ready.

16. Mal

Mal Commodore Commodore

so if the writer's strike is resolved, will JMS be working on the Lost Tales?

on a side note, does that mean that JMS is currently writing for the script book during the writers' strike?

17. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

Perhaps. Last we heard, WB was just beginning the process of commissioning more. There are at least two other projects that were just about to start negotiations when the strike fell, though.

Yes, of course. The strike only has to do with writing for TV or movies under contract with the struck companies. He can write speculative scripts that aren't under contract or for any other medium he likes.

Jan

18. Neroon

In view of tonight's (01/26/08) group viewing (7pm EST / 4pm PST), I will try to spend time preparing a few "scene headings" to post throughout. That way everyone will know at what point in the viewing I am at and can key off of that.

If you can't be here right at the beginning, just jump in when you can get here.

19. PKTrekGirl

Does anyone have the episode numbers for tonight?

I'm too lazy to go look 'em up. :p

By the way, ordered more script books last night. Visa will no doubt send me a personal thank-you note. :lol:

20. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

- Passing Through Gethsemane - Episode 305 - 1st disk of Season 3 DVDs

- The Corps is Mother... - Episode 514 - 4th disk of Season 5 DVDs

And as a reward, you may now go to http://www.babylon5scripts.com/proof/ to fill out your Proof of Purchase for your free Volume 15. Yes, they're starting the process now so that they'll be able to ship V15 along with your V14.

Jan